RDC 2022: Submit Your Question to Builderman!

No because this is all premium really has left, also roblox have recently been updating trading a lot and it looks like they want to popularise it a bit more so people will actually buy premium

1 Like

Even with trading, most people still see Premium as useless. You could say that a good portion of players who own Premium really only have it for the monthly Robux and won’t ever use trading once.

1 Like

I still completely disagree. Trading is pretty much one of the main reasons people by Premium. Remove that, and the benefits will pretty much have to rely on the developers.

Where did you get that thought from?

Most premium users buy Premium because of the trading feature.

1 Like

Please tell us why you hired a blockchain developer. What do you intend to use the blockchain for on Roblox? Please tell us.

6 Likes

Appreciate having the chance this year (didn’t get the chance any previous years) to submit questions.

Really hope I manage to get both my questions answered, adding certainty to an uncertain time period for many developers, and improving workflows.

1 Like

Since i didnt add it in my questions we need to make sure someone brings up the decoration feature and videoframes.

2 Likes

Would just like to opine that your questions will probably not be seen if you post them there: there’s a form in the OP to submit questions, and that questions concerning trivial or commonly-asked points (like moderation or ‘not listening to the community’) will probably not be considered.

3 Likes

Man i been thinking of quitting since 2020 its only gotten worse ever since quarantine, i have nothing good to say about this platform anymore, I’m disappointed in roblox i hate the moderation they don’t care about it’s users

3 Likes

Roblox Will Work On Its Moderation Team As Fast As Possible

Keep in mind that things are all not fast and there must be rigorous work by the Roblox Trust and Safety team.

2 Likes

What’s the main programming language you used to create luaU?

How many years did it take you to finish luaU?

(my guess is c++ that was used)

There are like only approximate 1000 staff members at Roblox. There is over 2 billion players registered on roblox; Real staff cannot go through billions of players quickly. They used roblox bots;. Which is possible for moderation of a big span of players.

Only thing I agree with your post is the moderation bots; which should be a bit more advanced in my opinion.

2 Likes

may I ask where?

I don’t really know who to ask, but I’d love a 2D engine. Roblox started out as a 2D phyisics lab, yet making 2D games is challenging as of right now. I’ve submitted my question via the link, but I know that more “submit your question to xyz” is coming up.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I should have stated that I inferred that. My bad. I got that idea from how Roblox promotes Premium like in the image below.

They emphasize on the Robux, Premium Benefits in games, and avatar shop benefits, but they leave the trading part out for the “Learn More” to reveal.

1 Like

You know the little white roblox logo on the corner of chewbecca’s avatar means she’s staff, right?

Well, I’ve submitted my three even though I know for certain at least two of them will 100% be thrown out.

I really do hope we can get an official announcement on why when people report inappropriate decals and condo games they get ignored (often for several months regardless how much they get reported), but when they get ruben sim to tweet about them suddenly it’s a huge rush to ban all the adult content.

I also hope there’s an official announcement on why the DMCA/copyright agent denies legitimate takedown requests for stolen games solely because “we cannot control what people have on their hard drives”.

3 Likes

Just a theory:

I think that they really don’t want to care about anything they see as “unnecessary to get involved in” and they only care when the request is from influential people/groups that can cause major legal problems if Roblox doesn’t do anything about it.

It already is a major legal issue if they’re not following the law, but it’s not truly an issue in Roblox’s perspective currently solely due to the fact that what Roblox user can afford to go to court over a single Roblox game? And I sure as hell doubt any legal company would take a class action due to there not being that many cases of this happening (there’s not many people filing claims to begin with, and it’s only on the second and onwards claims for the same game that they get denied.)

1 Like

“When will Linux be supported?” I beg of you Builderman. TELL US!!!

3 Likes