RDC 2022: Submit Your Question to Builderman!

Step 1. Buy Premium.
Step 2. Get extra robux from it.
Step 3. Cancel monthly premium
Step 4. Enjoy your free extra robux.

3 Likes

i think your thinking of the Bloxy awards.

1 Like

Cool opportunity, although I expect Roblox will most likely cherry-pick a few questions that they want to be answered for the qna.

2 Likes

This is the community’s chance to ask questions to find out the answer to our roblox founder!

Will Developer Forum Regular become obtainable again? We’re all ready to level up our skills and get good!

1 Like

Awesome to see Roblox still communicating with the community.

1 Like

I FORGOT TO ASK 1 MORE QUESTION ugh
ill leave the question here “will Roblox ever release Roblox toys and gift cards to countries like India and Saudi Arabia?”

1 Like

Here’s my question:

Hi. Over the past few years, Rōblox have been introducing new features in a way that only codify existing power structures on the platform.

The first example that comes to my mind is the User-Generated Catalogue (UGC). In April 2020, the single most sold UGC item was created and released on the platform. Though rudimentary in design, it was purchased 2,222,817 times as of 2020-10-23. This translates to more than 77,000,000 robux after tax. Assuming all the money was dev-ex’d, the item made 269,500 USD.

If I were reading this as an outsider, I will be immediately attracted to the UGC sphere! Why not get ahead of the curve when the next trend begins to circulate? Knowing how lucrative the metaverse is and how much more it will be in the future, I should quit my job and begin to research a means and an end to the ideal product. We know perfectly well that UGC accessories aren’t the end of the long journey that is innovation. When the next iteration of immersive tech comes on the scene, I will commit to being a first mover in the field and roll in even more than 269,500 USD!

Rōblox’s release structure is designed in a way that doles out opportunities and incentives on the basis that … they already made money on the platform. The UGC was designed in a way that someone like Maplestick, and only someone as well-connected as him, would inevitably use the first-mover strategy to his advantage. I have no doubt that advantage was literally handed to them on a silver platter.

All the while, thousands of ‘UGC concepts’ simply do not have a place to sell on the Rōblox avatar shop – waiting through approval cycles that yield a <1% acceptance rate.

I approach this question from a radical point of view, so I hope to hear a cogent and well-thought rebuttal that addresses what I see as an institutonalised barrier for new artists to break through and make it big.

Thanks in advance for the response!

4 Likes

C++, with hints of Lua (probably for testing), Agda, and C. It also has Python and TeX.

2 Likes

Why Pet Simulator X is still in platform when it violated many rules?

10 Likes

Too busy working out and devving to go to rdc so im happy I can still submit a question. :slight_smile:

I wonder if they have renamed RDC again, and why they have hired a blockchain developer.

Nice to see RDC Q&A is more flexible.

1 Like

Another david Q&A? I’m so excitedd to see him answering more questions :hushed:

Reminder you need to use the form in the original message of this thread for Mr. Baszucki to have a chance at seeing it.

1 Like

Why was Roblox’s logo changed once more? what was wrong with the old one?

1 Like

Kind of like the Reddit upvote/downvote system?

1 Like

When will the games page be updated to show more original games and less simulators and other unoriginal games?

When will the Plugin Market place program be open for everybody?

Does Roblox ever plan on adding reviews for “experiences” anytime in the future. Basically what I mean is steam reviews but for Roblox

1 Like