RDC24: What We Announced

ok now can we please have a collab with the legend, zero project, he wants to collab with roblox since 2-3 years, and yet roblox hasnt done anything

video the comments are in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=086aoA2d0U0

4 Likes

I mean, depending on what you mean by discord integration your needs are probably covered by Bloxstrap for RPC and bots like bloxlink for verification/server management. What else do you need that these solutions don’t provide?

The improvement I am the most excited for that I don’t see anyone losing their minds about are DataStore improvements and everything that is planned around it. I can finally ditch my custom DataStore module and write easy code like the way it was supposed to in the first place, and I hope it will prevent the need to use more complicated setups like ProfileService or Suphi’s DataStore for more non-experienced developers.

I’ll also take this time to bring up the idea that we should have more budget APIs like DataStoreService:GetRequestBudgetForRequestType() for all rate-limited web APIs that can fail, something like a BudgetService. It would be nice to know our exact budgets for Memory Stores, undocumented limits such as GroupService methods, and even new methods like BadgeService:CheckUserBadgesAsync() before we call operations, just to name a few.

Not to say you’re incorrect since I’m not exactly up-to-date on Xbox’s policies, but this same issue carries over to another console as well, the Playstation, since Roblox has also been released there, and I doubt they both have such a policy that would restrict text and voice chat from being implemented. With this in mind, I think nagging staff about it enough until they address it would be a good idea since it allows for more communication between users cross-platform, and I know as someone who has friends who solely play Roblox on console, they’d love to have the ability to chat with others in games and friends through the homepage.

2 Likes

Yeah… great… Except your music just doesn’t work! Like we need permission to use the music??? But that’s nonsense! (So ​​if you add music from studio for your game, it should work) I hope you correct that because your music is useless! I tested in Theme park Tycoon 2 and the music does not work

Oh and I forgot, Den_S the creator of Theme park tycoon 2 doesn’t like your music because it’s blocked :upside_down_face:

I think it’s because of the audio limit… but other games don’t do this… which is strange?

5 Likes

Most of the features here are a little meh but occlusion culling is such a great feature that was suggested for so long it makes it all worth it. The text-to-speech speech-to-text thing is pretty cool too!

2 Likes

They finally made tests about it… please… release soon… I’ll give my heart to you Roblox…

1 Like

What about the developers who can’t afford to pay builders and other developers? Think of the younger developers out there who will find the assistant super helpful.

1 Like

What about Roblox on Linux? I’ve been waiting for ages.

5 Likes

is there is any possibilities for shaders and post processing on roblox ?

1 Like

They have said a little while back that they aren’t going to support it for various reasons. For reasons in the link to the post below

2 Likes

But they are literaly releasing clients for other devices like PlayStation without completing desktop operating systems first.

3 Likes

still a huge issue, roblox manages to crash my sisters I Mac after a few minutes of play. some games crash faster than others, crash as in the whole computer shuts down with graphical errors everywhere. I can’t find any solutions anywhere about it

1 Like

you could also just… learn to build stuff.
yeah it takes practice, but i’d rather have young developers struggle than have builders in the roblox community just… cease to exist.

1 Like

Wait, is roblox on android more stable than mac and windows? I use sober to play roblox, it uses roblox apk. And it never really crashes.

3 Likes

Well yeah, I just learned blender and even made an armor (for my upcoming game) with it, its not that hard. It only took me 2-4 days.

1 Like

S2T is super exciting! I’m so excited for games to use Voice Chat in a more unique way. Right now, it’s kind of just a boring proximity chat, but now has more depth. Great addition! Excited to use it!

1 Like

Here fastflags unified lighting phase 5 only used bloxstrap or studio mod manager

FFlagRenderUnifiedLighting5 True

Boost.
Really need this added for SH/RE inspired game

will the mockups shown become real?? the app needs a revamp once more because the current styling in my opinion is now outdated due to it’s introduction in 2019

just seeing the icons alone makes it have a fresh look to them

2 Likes