React | A fast-paced first-person singleplayer shooter

Hey!

Over the past few days, I’ve been working on a fast-paced singeplayer game called React.
You are equipped with a gun and challenged with completing as many tasks as possible. As time goes on, the pace gets faster and faster. The more tasks you complete, the higher your score will be. Higher accuracy and lower reaction times will also increase your score.

Currently there are two modes:

• Normal mode - Make a mistake and earn a strike; three strikes and you’re out. Survive for as long as you can.

• Timed mode - Try to complete as many tasks as possible before your time runs out. Mistakes will subtract time.

Check it out here:

(Yes, I know that the thumbnail is terrible; I made it in a couple minutes)

This has taken me less than a week and I have a lot more planned, so stay tuned.
If anyone has any suggestions, I’d love to hear them!

Thanks,
WizardAnt

1 Like

Nice! I was playing a bit and I found a bug.
When I ran out of bullets on the “Do not shoot red” one, I didnt respawn or die or anything, I just stayed there.

Is this intended? Because I wasn’t teleporting or anything. I’m still just standing with no ammo lol

2 Likes

Good catch, thanks for letting me know! This is now fixed.

1 Like

Update:

New repeat task!
A sequence will flash on a number of colored parts. Once all of the parts flash in unison, repeat the sequence to complete the task.

• Repeat tasks are currently only available in normal mode so that they don’t take too much of your time away during timed mode
  • Ammo is unlimited during these tasks since the sequence may be longer than three shots
  • Missing a shot or shooting the wrong part will result in a strike
1 Like

Update:

Leaderboards!
For both timed and normal mode, the top 20 scores are now visible in the main menu.

• Leaderboards only update when you join, so if you set a high score, only new servers will see it.
  • Leaderboards might be reset if a significant change is made in the future that makes things easier or harder
  • Since data was not being saved until now, only scores set from here on out will be shown on leaderboards.

Other changes:

• Fixed an oversight where ammo would still show during timed mode
  • Fixed a bug in timed mode where a task could spawn after the round ended
  • You will now be notified at the end of the round if you break your high score
  • Gun sounds now play evenly in both ears
1 Like

Update:

Shape tasks!
Similar to dummy tasks, you must shoot the correct shape.

• Dummies are all the same size, but every shape is different, making aiming harder
  • Sometimes requires you to shoot a specific shape (e.g. triangle) instead of the left/right/center shape or a specific color, making identifying your target slower
  • Available in both normal and timed mode

Other changes:

• Fixed an issue with high scores not saving
  • Leaderboards now update after every round as well as when joining the game
  • Added a badge for holding the #1 position on any leaderboard
1 Like

Update:

Match tasks!
A number of parts will appear, either lit or unlit. A pattern of smaller parts will appear above them.
Copy the pattern by shooting the larger parts to make them turn on or off.

In this example, the middle and
right parts need to be toggled.

• Ammo is unlimited during these tasks
  • Available in both normal and timed mode
  • Missing a shot will result in a strike

Other changes:

• Fixed a bug where leaderboards would update incorrectly at the end of each round
  • Fixed a bug where “Back to Menu” button wouldn’t show after a round
  • Changed mouse cursor to a red dot when playing
1 Like