Realism — Make your games feel more immersive!

I really hope this is all fixed soon, look at all these issues >:(

3 Likes

I just realize I run csgo and roblox studio at the same time that why the footage lag plus Realism :rofl:

2 Likes

So where do i but the folder and scripts help asap

Put RealismServer into ServerScriptService
Put RealismClient into StarterPlayerScripts

2 Likes

One more question for the people. When my character is holding a tool it looks like they are aiming into the ground not toward or to the mouse how would I change it to face forwards?

is there a way to make the footsteps audible to everyone else? it seems to be client side only.

1 Like

Will this ever be uploaded to Roblox?

1 Like

It is replicated to the server, but the footsteps’ range is really small. Notice how when zooming out the volume of the footsteps immediately get much quieter. Try messing with Min and Max RollOff distances.

1 Like

The rolloff distances behave really weirdly. For some reason, eventhough its on linear, the footsteps are only audible when you’re close to the source even when the maxdistance is like 1000. Is that normal, am I just noticing it happens with all audios or is this not supposed to happen?

I think it might be Linear rolloff mode to begin with; I remember it behaving very oddly. I always use InverseTapered.

once I’m out of the minrolloff it pretty much drops drastically whether I’m using linear or InverseTapered(I’ve tried all of them). My minrolloff is 30 at the moment and max is 200 and once I’m like 40 studs away the audio is already inaudible

I believe this is because of this thing so uh, has anyone came up with an idea how to fix whatever this is? Can’t find any alternative.

1 Like

With some limited testing, I believe that I have found a flaw. It only works for the first few people to connect to the server, and other clients they look down and just see their torso.

Is there anyway to fix this?

As Y_OM said, just go to config and set the left arm pitch to 0.01

Everyone should changed the regular remoteevent to be unreliable

2 Likes

NewRealism.rbxm (16.5 KB)

For those who want it, this uses the new Luau buffer types and UnreliableRemoteEvents.
EDIT: Buffers should be live now, still don’t use it in production cuz i rushed it and it’s ugly

4 Likes

I’m not sure if this resource is still being worked on, but I was wondering if anybody else came across this same issue. Has anyone else experienced their screen freezing every few seconds while zoomed in due to the large amount of parts in your game? Obviously, there’s a number of ways to solve a the amount of parts in a game but I am curious as to why the realism directly causes my screen to randomly freeze, regardless of my graphics quality.

Are they live yet, estimate? Any other changes?

Unreliable remotes and buffer types are live in games AFAIK, but i didn’t change anything other than that.

If my character dies with Realism, sometimes I get this really annoying error: RunService:UnbindFromRenderStep removed different functions with same reference name FpsCamera 2 times. This causes the first person body rotation to completely stop working, and it also offsets the camera at an odd angle. This only happens if my character dies while in first person.

The only way to fix it is to zoom out of first person.

I have been using Realism for years, and absolutely love it. Does anybody know a fix?

1 Like