Realism — Make your games feel more immersive!

Can you release this as a model as well? I don’t use GitHub but really wanna try this out.

I was looking forward to downloading this, but my computer blocks it each time.

2 Likes

The problem is you’re using edge, use chrome or firefox.

3 Likes

You should be able to click the three dots and continue to download it. @LordMerc it has nothing to do with edge, they use the same background framework(chromium) as chrome.

3 Likes

I have another question. Why does this happen?
RobloxStudioBeta_tKjgGZTTFx

Are you on the latest version? I’m not sure how you made it into that state.

The closest match I can find is this part of the code where I try to remap the Origin attachment if there’s a mismatch between motor.Part0 and origin.Parent, which usually indicates the player’s limbs were either swapped out or destroyed for some reason.

For this error to have happened, origin would have to be nil @ line 245 (green arrow), which doesn’t make much sense because origin.Parent would have been evaluated properly @ line 242 (red arrow)

2 Likes

it stops working after i insert a model into the player camera

I was trying to make a weapon Viewmodel system. After insterting the Viewmodel the script gets that error.

What’s wrong with just installing the file?

I can’t find it. It doesn’t give me an rbxm file.

You simply click on the GitHub and then download the file called “Source code (zip)”

@Maximum_ADHD, you’re the best! Thanks for the great whatever-you-call-these-things! :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel like Crazedbrick1 is following me around :male_detective:

3 Likes

@Maximum_ADHD How would I make it so the left arm also rotates when using a tool? My animation requires both arms but only the right arm moves in first person.

When I change the R6 Left Hand Pitch to 0.01 (line 114) on config, R6’s left hand rotate, it wasn’t rotate if not changed video - YouTube

4 Likes

ye, that would be easier for new developers!

Hey, can someone give me an idea of what Pitch and Yaw does? I’m not very well-versed in those terms.

In layman’s, pitch is up and down while yaw is left and right (not to be confused with roll).

(image ripped from google)

8 Likes

Ohhh, makes sense, so if I want the head to turn more, I have to change yaw right?

1 Like

I made a quick fix for the Left arm rotation issue. In your RealismClient around line 300 (If you haven’t edited the script) you should see something like:

if Dirty then

end

Update that line to the following:

if dirty or name:sub(1, 4) == "Left" then
	local rot = origin - origin.Position

local cf = CFrame.Angles(0, fPitch, 0)
	         * CFrame.Angles(fYaw, 0, 0)

motor.C0 = origin * rot:Inverse() * cf * rot
end

For some reason that joint isn’t marked to be updated each loop. Use at your own risk as I don’t know if this really messes anything else up. This got both arms to work properly for me both with and without a tool. Just keep a look out for an actual fix to this problem!

9 Likes

That’s… generally okay? Though it forces the left arm to be invalidated on every single update.
I’m gonna look more into why the left arm rotation isn’t working correctly.

2 Likes