Realistic Grass Devlog

To make the grass in the first picture look more realistic I would recommend you make the grass smaller.

The grass in the third picture looks amazing :happy4: Very realistic! Hopefully you can figure out how to reduce lag and use it in some games.

4 Likes

Stunning. Just stunning. (lol, I am actually praising grass.)

1 Like

Wow was not expecting this.

The second pictures grass definitely looks the best. The first pictures lighting looks the best.

2 Likes

The only way I know at the moment for reducing lag is to reduce the density which isn’t Ideal but it works to a certain point where it still looks nice.

Wow. Pretty Nice ngl. :grinning:

1 Like

Keep in mind, roblox cannot make the grass (or any other object) realistic, no matter how hard you try.
But good work done anyway, bravo!

1 Like

I am aware that it can’t be extremely realistic, but I still want it to look as good as possible.

How did you do that? I need to know bro

1 Like

I actually took some real grass from my back yard took a photo of it, cut it out, made sure there weren’t weird artifacts, colour correction. Then put it in Roblox. Not a very fast process but the results are good.

I mean like getting the grass to only be placed on Enum.Material.Grass Terrian. I have a kinda similar thread about it: How can I orientate a part according to terrain?

Just wondering how you did it

You managed to orientate it according to the sloped terrain in picture 1

In need to know

1 Like

I actually just used a plugin to paint it on.

Wdym what plugin how did you do it?

It’s a popular plugin called, I think brush tool or something like that. It is very good tool for painting on objects.

CAN i have a link to this plugin

1 Like

This is the post about it. Brushtool 2.0 Plugin: Clone and place models onto your map with ease

hey can u let me know how u made it?

1 Like

Sorry I’ve been offline for a very long time. But the way I made it was by taking a picture of real grass and then editing it afterwards.

This is amazing. The engineers should be considering this as a studio feature now that some people are actually putting the effort in to their mockups/prototypes.

1 Like

yeah I did make the point before that it’s just not practical to create things like this because the engine itself isn’t supporting any proper system for foliage.

You could try using two 2D images at right angles to each other and then using a sprite sheet to animate it but idk how that would perform

1 Like