Realistic Roblox Scene

While low poly games are thriving on Roblox, we are really missing what Roblox actually is in 2021.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is Roblox:
Youtube video

P.S.: For any minimod snitches yes I made this.

7 Likes

This doesn’t look that realistic at all in my opinion.

3 Likes

Perhaps I am mistaken.
I made this in the past. Maybe it fulfills your tastes more?

1 Like

Is there a game link?
Because i have a rtx 2060 and it might look different for me.

Yeah I have a pretty low-end device. I will provide a place copy. Give me a second.

1 Like

Ill send in some screen shots as to what it looks like for me.

Eh, the sky looks good, but the rest is blocky.

The tree you used in the scene is low poly…

Honestly for me it just looks like smooth terrain with a big sun rays effect. From what I can tell it’s not even using future lighting

The tree was low poly, but everything else, especially the grass and the water was realistic, in the second picture, that seemed to me even more realistic, well done, although I must admit that I really like the low poly theme, it’s also way better for optimisation

The lighting is definitely impressive but I wouldnt say that the build itself is realistic. Terrain like this generally doesnt look good in showcases unless there is a detailed build to make up for it.

Doesn’t look bad, but what exactly is realistic about this, and how is it “pushing roblox to the limits”? The terrain is well done, maybe that’s the realistic part? I have to give you that. But the tree is low poly and there’s nothing special about the lighting. It’s just using the sun rays effect which is a very simple thing to implement. The video is also in 480p which is not the best especially if you’re showcasing a realistic scene.

@Enk514 The low poly theme doesn’t fit into a scene like this, and although I like it too, I am strongly against keeping this here. And the only scenario where a low poly tree would help with optimization is a large forest with tens or hundreds of these trees. Whether the device renders less triangles than just a little more doesn’t make a (noticable) difference especially if it’s only a few trees.

2 Likes

What do you make the terrain with

amazing

I didn’t say the low poly fitted into it

The fact you said this in the same sentence gives the impression that you liked it. Read your reply again and you’ll see why. I really don’t want to start an argument about the way a sentence is written, I was just pointing it out.

what do you call these?

1 Like

Maybe add some more detail, such as a more detailed bridge, more realistic tree’s and maybe clump the trees together a little more so it doesn’t look like a desert. Add details such as leaves of the ground and plants in the stream. The more realistic the better.

I dont see the realistic part, just some bright light and thats all

i dont get it. It is very realistic, but isn’t it just normal roblox terrain?

Honestly I wouldn’t call this “realistic”, the sky looks alright but the rest isn’t anything great, the tree is low-poly, the grass and terrain is very plain with not many “realistic” features. I suggest you look at some more life-like things on Roblox and take inspiration.

Looks outstanding, even for Roblox standards. The level of detail is phenomenal. Outstanding.

1 Like