Redefine:A Rebooted | Modern, Easy and Open Administrative System

I do appreciate the thought, but here’s where it’s wrong to do so;

Assuming everyone is an exploiter when there was one error will cause more trouble than it’s supposed to fix, mainly because it happens rather often.

You’d kick the player who just joined because of a datastore issue, and there’s a good chance they’re going to think they’re banned (regardless of the kick message), resulting in a player loss.

I can add the setting if more people want it, but it’s not at all recommended to take this course of action.

5 Likes

Updated the thread since I have started to heavily re-focus on this project;

A lot of things have been added to the rebooted version of Redefine:A while the thread was gathering dust, so here’s a quick list of features we added, including but not limited to;

The list would go on forever since a lot of stuff has been added, but I’d rather keep it short.

1 Like

can you continue working on nano admin too?

2 Likes

It is in the process; We are planning to release a big update once we finish with getting Redefine:A5, which is the underlying engine of Nano, out of the beta.

2 Likes

oh thanks! anyways, this post is really good! keep it up!

2 Likes

Apologies for the late bump! (again)

I have added some stuff since I couldn’t do the other stuff.

• Added RawInput command types; Activate by changing Arguments = {} to Arguments = 'rawinput'. This disables a few features, but enables full control over the command at the cost of 0 help.

• Added preparations for subcommand and custom types.

• Added support for SocialChat v2 without the need of an external module

• Changed the Optional: Argument of type {arg.Type} to Optional: {arg.Name} of type {arg.Type}. Looking for feedback for this specific change.

• Multiple micro-optimization stuff; Reduced loading times from ~0.05 seconds to ~0.02 seconds in studio. (Huge achievement for me)

No, I’m not joking.

4 Likes

Released an update that can be seen in R:A5’s GitHub, but I’ll make it short for those who can’t bother with technical stuff;

• Added Semi-Native Support to Nano commands
  • Added Command.Color support
  • Added a shit-ton of commands imported from Nano into the loader so you won’t have to (and because im too lazy to rewrite these commands with R:A’s framework. dw, they’re all tested and they work fine.)

This doesn’t mark the end of the Beta phase of R:A5; In fact, there is still a lot of things to do such as get Datastore to save player levels, get new UI elements, etc.

2 Likes

Added some stuff which may be helpful for some of you. Can be viewed in Github because I am too lazy to rewrite all of the stuff.

• Now using MIT licensing
  • BetterBasics > Added table.invert
  • Added a new MessagingService wrapper
  • Command.RunCapability > You can now return a string to act as an error when relying on it
1 Like

Added even more stuff which can make the system more powerful and even comparable to Cmdr. Yes, you can view it in Github.

• Added hooks to change stuff (or even cancel) before they are ran.

• Added a Quick Actions menu thing where you can quickly do stuff without the need of running commands using the console or chat. [Beta; API for this will be made later]

• Notifications can now be given a .Sound option.

• Deprecated the ‘Processed’ signal due to the new hooks update; The loader has been updated to show the new method to send webhooks if needed.

1 Like

Hello there, it’s been a long while since I last updated the devforums (and the github), so I’ll post what happened in the previous 4 months;

• Tons of fixes, including fixes to the Quick Actions Menu. [volume warning]

• People who had set level by name/userid would now return that level instead of searching for higher levels.

• Added Level.VIPOwner : boolean to the party mix.

• there’s also a new Level.BadgeId : RoleAssignment thing which no one will use but is still there for that one person who will; i know ur lurking here alex
  • Added Command.Destructive : boolean which will be used later; Currently testing as a separate function which you can get here if you want to help test it.

• if you do get it, place it in the Functions folder, it will do the rest of the magic by itself.
  • Added System Logs for the nerds.

1 Like

Hi guys, I have recently updated Redefine:A to build 102 which among other things, adds the ability to run your favourite Redefine:A commands within TextChatService.

I mean it, you can actually use Redefine:A commands in Roblox’s new chat now.

Sadly due to the lack of customization within the chat label itself, I cannot provide highlighting and such the same way as the console does, hence it’s still better to use the console (which by default the keybind for is =).

2 Likes

Released Build 103 recently, which sadly does not bring the responses to TCS yet. (it worth wait, trust)

• Added env:RegisterCommand().
  • Added function._NxEngine_PostInit().
  • Added 3 new settings.
  • Fixed VIPOwner.
  • Minor micro-optimizations.
  • Engine documentation.

more details in the Community Server since i post stuff there more often. (we also have some nice emojis please join)

1 Like

Updates 104 - 108:

• Added new options for Datastores; nocache and nosandbox.
  • There are now default sounds for non-normal/pre-built notification types. (Warnings, Errors and Criticals).
  • env:GetLevel() now supports UserId input for offline players.
  • Rescripted MessageService (the MessagingService wrapper).
  • Fixed issues with Notifications as seen in Re:Notify’s v1.1 patch note.
  • Fixed custom argument types being removed by the sanity check.
  • Removed env:GetOfflineLevel(UserId). Use env:GetLevel(UserId) instead.
  • More micro-optimizations.
2 Likes

I only briefly checked out the admin, but I didn’t see the commands for giving tools to player or setting starter tools for players. Which would be a good addition to the default admin.

I also noticed you can’t run command on other players?
/smite (username / displayname) just doesnt work

1 Like

Not all games have tools to give.

The admin had it come pre-bundled in the previous versions, but in order to reduce bloat with the new version, I have taken the decision to remove it from this version.

As for commands not running on other players, I couldn’t replicate the issue, so I’d appreciate it if you have a way to confirm it’s not an issue caused for inputting a non-existing name.

(Sorry for the long wait for the reply, I have this topic on Muted. Next time, please contact me in my Discord server.)

I have recently pushed Build 110 ← github to the engine which aims to add support for Re:Notify, fix Client-sided Notification sounds, and other general fixes such as SanityChecking the commands not counting the custom type. (github had it for some reason but the module didn’t?)

Hey guys! Apologies for the sudden update, but build 111 has pushed something that might break your kick/ban messages.

Please make sure to update all your placeholders from <variable> to {variable} to fix the issue. An example is provided below.

This applies to commands that use the PlaceholderAPI as well, which include !h and !n to name a few.

(this may or may not hint towards a new argument type)

Why private message doesnt work?

Hi, I have updated the system once again with useless additions no one will appreciate them for.

I managed to fix the issue with the private messaging, let me know if it didn’t get fixed.

Here’s the basic overview;

• Added support for both < Placeholder > and { Placeholder } when it comes to env.format().
  • Added Settings.ConsoleKeybind.
    • Uses Enum.KeyCode["String"]Settings.ConsoleKeybind = "String"
  • TONS of fixes related to a lot of different things, so I won’t list them all here, so please join the Discord Server for all of the minor stuff along with the ability to keep getting updated regarding everything that’s being updated.

You can also see the script changelog here;

so right now I can combine both pattern, even though it’s useless and make it less readable, but now I can do it like “Hello {Name}, you are a ?”?

It depends on how you use it, but yeah.
You could make use of the fact that PlaceholderAPI’s placeholders are dynamic and can be change from within in-game, so theoretically u could do

and use it later forthis;

which would result in

Alternatively you can look for which placeholders are there by default in the format function, which includes more stuff such as a d6 (papi_dice), d20 (papi_d20), d100 (papi_randomnumber), etc.

but yeah, i understand where the ‘useless’ part comes from.