Redemption Codes System

Hi, I’m making a game, and have a question, how to make a GUI (for admin only), that allows to create you a code, where you can select amount of money that it’s giving to player that activating this code, max activations per user, and type what code name it is be? (Like in Redeem UGC codes games).

5 Likes

So, can anyone help me with it?

1 Like

I do not know how to do that, so I wan’t to see what people say/provide

1 Like

So, @ItsMuneeeb, can you help please?

1. I would create a GUI with all the frame and gui elements. I would then have a admin list module or something in the server storage. If you are dynamically making people admin in game or with a gamepass or however you are doing, then do it via server not client.

2. In the GUI, I would create a client script somewhere to handle all GUI actions. So checking the redeem code and stuff like that.

3. When you press redeem or activate, you should send a remote event to a server script and in the server script check if that player is part of the admin list in the server storage module for validation. If the player is a admin, then do more validation or approve that redeem by giving the player whatever it wants.

You can make the user experience a bit better, but this should be good enough. I don’t know if this is what you wanted or if you wanted like a code skeleton, but this is how I would do it.

1 Like

You should search for similar questions and tutorials on DevForum before you make a new post. Here are some I found from a quick google.

[TUTORIAL] How to add “Redeemable Codes” in your game? - Bulletin Board - Developer Forum | Roblox
How to make a Code GUI (for beginners) - Resources / Community Tutorials - Developer Forum | Roblox
How would I make a code system - Help and Feedback / Scripting Support - Developer Forum | Roblox

Thanks, but it’s not actually that what I searched for. I want a gui where I (owner) can type code to create and max uses, and then when I press on Confirmation button it’s create this code, that all players can use.

just saw that wanted to add max uses and create the code for other players to use. For that, create another module script in the server storage, so when you create the code, you can store something like this.
CodeStorage = {}

return CodeStorarge
In the server script, after you validate the player is an Admin then add the code information with something like this. CodeStorage[CodeName] = {maxUses = MaxUse, amount = Money},
Of course, you would pass in the MaxUse var, CodeName var, and Money var from the remote.

And if someone wants to redeem it, then create a redeem system with the same logic as before.

Also, roblox has an AI assistant, who can try to give you some pointers on.

Thanks, but main issue is that, that i’m not a professional in scripting, and I don’t understand this things

So, you want someone to code it for you?

No, I just want to know how to do it

I’d prefer to watch a tutorial if it exists

You could try using DataStoreService to store the codes once created, with all the properties you selected.

Also, just make sure to add some checks so hackers cant create codes to give, for example, 5 million coins.

1 Like

If you want to know how to do it, but don’t know how to do it, then what exactly is your goal here?

I want to see someone’s tutorial with step by step

1 Like

If there’s an tutorial somewhere on internet

If I typed it out step by step with examples would that be okay?

1 Like

You use Google for that, not a developer forum.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s should be good solution for my question

1 Like

Let me get this straight.

You want to KNOW how to make a redemption codes system. You also WANT a tutorial/someone to make you it.

There is a huge line between knowing something and asking for something to be made for you.