"Reentrancy on the same AbsoluteContentSize property changed while getting the value for it!" causing Studio to crash when selecting element

I was attempting to scale my User Interface when suddenly studio froze out of nowhere, opening the logs file revealed the following message being spammed over and over:
2024-04-30T10:46:57.379Z,78.379730,420c,6,Warning [FLog::StudioDataModelProxy] Reentrancy on the same AbsoluteContentSize property changed while getting the value for it!
The element in question now appears to be bugged (flickering) and crashing Studio whenever it is selected in the explorer, this persists across sessions, saving to file and importing also contains the bugged element.

A private message is associated with this bug report

5 Likes

Hi, thanks for reporting this and providing a repro file!

Do you happen to remember when you first started seeing this issue?

Yesterday (March 30th) around 1-2 PM UTC+3, log files should have a more accurate timestamp.

2 Likes

OK thanks! So just to confirm, was this UI hierarchy working correctly (not flickering/freezing) prior to yesterday?

I ask because I was able to repro this bug on a version of Studio from a few months ago, so I suspect this could be an older bug rather than an new regression.

The UI element being made and bugging out all occurred in the same session (yesterday), so it isn’t something that suddenly happened after an update.

On a side note, I figured out that I can unbug it by disabling automatic size on the text label element which leads me to believe the issue is caused by a weird interaction with a UIPadding instance using scale being parented to a text label with automatic size enabled. Might be something to look into.

2 Likes

OK thanks for the info! Yes the issue does seem to be with AutomaticSize.
I also noticed setting RichText=true is another workaround.

1 Like