Refund Advertisements

Hello developers and potentially Roblox staff,

I’d like to request a feature on the website which lets users refund their advertisement, minus whatever percentage of 24 hours it’s been up from what they spent. I say this because I know a few people who have made an input mistake in the past including myself.

I just spent 140,000 robux when I meant to spend 14,000. I didn’t see the extra 0 (example below) until I had already clicked “Run” and the webpage had sent the message. Of course this is my own oversight and I am not blaming Roblox, however it would be nice to have this feature so developers don’t accidentally input far more money than they intended.

I meant to only spend a little since I’m aware the game is a little broken and I needed testers, however now I have probably hundreds of people playing a broken game.

There goes my lunch for the month

54 Likes

:fire::money_with_wings::fire::money_with_wings::fire:

5 Likes

owch

3 Likes

Rip. Also, this feature seems sound and inexploitable, so I support. (It also technically has the advantage of letting users run ads for less than 24 hours, which I would love)

7 Likes

Looks like you’ll be busy fixing things for the next day to get the most out of it

This wouldn’t be the best way because certain times of day are worth more for ads (peak times). So this could be used as a way to cheat the system out only advertising during peak times, and refunding the rest of the Robux for the lower times. Though maybe if too many people did that, then impressions during non peak times would be cheaper to such an extent that you wouldn’t want to cancel.

Basically, don’t make it out of a percentage because just like the visits your games get, ad impressions also come in with a sine wave fashion.

5 Likes

Actually would be a nice update. Allowing users to cancel out their advertisements. If they can’t refund a full amount at least half would be nice. It could simply work in a certain way… maybe you have 30 minutes to cancel and get a full refund? anything after that time period will only give you 50% and if past 12 hours then 25% back.

2 Likes

They definitely need to use commas to separate the number, I’m always afraid that I’ll accidentally spend too much on ads because its hard to see the extra zero.

11 Likes