Refurb'd v1.3 | Revamped Studio Icons [DISCONTINUED]

[PROJECT DISCONTINUED]

why?

I’ve decided to discontinue this project because of Roblox’s new studio icons update. There are too many new icons and I don’t think I would have enough time to remake all of those icons in the foreseeable future.

I’m still really proud of this project, though and hope that I would have the time in the future to continue this.

Thank you for using this icon pack, if you did!!!

Refurb’d is a Class icon pack for Roblox Studio that ive made using Figma, heavily inspired by @Elttob 's Vanilla

Refurb’d is a Revamp of the default Studio Class Icons.
Ive redesigned them to a simpler style but kept most of the colours the same as the default.

Refurb’d comes in three different styles; Colourful, Solid, and Mono, see more below:

Colourful
Colourful takes some of the colors from the default Studio class icons, with a few changes.

Image Previews

Dark mode:

Light mode:

Solid Colours
Solid Colours makes each icon use One Colour with different shades of the colour.

Image Previews

Dark mode:

Light mode:

Mono
Mono makes all of the class icons one uniform color for both Dark and Light mode.

Image Previews

Dark mode with Mono Light:

Light mode with Mono Dark:

Download Links:

Colourful:
RefurbdColourful.zip (100.8 KB)

Solid:
RefurbdSolid.zip (101.3 KB)

Mono Light:
RefurbdLight.zip (98.2 KB)

Mono Dark:
RefurbdDark.zip (88.1 KB)

How to Use (NO LONGER WORKS WITH NEWER ROBLOX STUDIO VERSIONS):
note: if you use the 2nd way to use the pack, you’re gonna have to do it again after you update Roblox Studio

Download and Use with RobloxStudioModManager

Step 1:
Download RobloxStudioModManager by @Maximum_ADHD and Launch it

RobloxStudioModManager

After Launching:
image_2022-04-09_153349

Step 2:
After Launching, Click “Edit Class Icons”, then click “Open Icon Folder”

Step 3:
Download Refurb’d, open the .zip file.
delete the “Classimages” file and drag everything in the “ModManager” folder into the ExplorerIcons folder

image_2022-04-10_124950688

Step 4:
Close the Folder and Launch Studio from RobloxStudioModManager, and open a Place, it should change the Explorer icons to Refurb’d

image_2022-04-09_154058

Download and Use without RobloxStudioModManager

Step 1:

Press the Search icon on your pc, type in “%localappdata%” and press “OK”

image_2022-04-10_125637445

Step 2:
Afterwards, it should open a folder called “Local”
find a folder called “Roblox” in Local and open it

image_2022-04-10_125752198

image_2022-04-10_125839377

img

Step 3:
After opening the Roblox folder, open “Versions” and find the latest created folder

Example:
todays date as of making this is April 4th 2022, meaning the latest folder is being pointed by the red

image_2022-04-10_125907080

Step 4:
After opening, click “content” and then “textures”

image_2022-04-10_130015426
image_2022-04-10_130023846

Step 5:
Download Refurb’d, open the .zip file, and put the “Classimages.png” file into the folder, it should prompt that youre gonna be replacing a file with the same name, press “Replace the file in the destination”

image_2022-04-10_130047405
image_2022-04-10_130057784

Step 6:
Close the Folder and Launch Studio and open a Place, it should change the Explorer icons to Refurb’d

thats essentially it

Thank you for reading (and using, if you do)

Please leave some feedback so i could improve some things!!

i will keep updating this as new updates come to roblox/through feedback people give

gooby

Update log

v1.1
added a Classimages.png file
Redid some icon colours

v1.2
Redid some icon colours
Redid Server and TextChatService objects

v1.3
Redesigned some icons
Recoloured some icons
Added two new themes (Mono Light and Mono Dark)

74 Likes

also give me name ideas maype

aaaa

6 Likes

this really does make my studio looks ALOT cooler! thanks [FussyStew] :innocent:

4 Likes

Great plugin! I’m sure this will benefit many. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Are you going to be able to make ClassImages just like VanillaIcons did? So that, if you don’t wanna or can’t download the ModManager, you can just easily swap out ClassImages?

3 Likes

oh yeah! forgot about that!

ill export some images and update the post soon, with an additional tutorial for those who dont want to use Modmanager, thank you for reminding me!

1 Like

Small update:

ive added a ClassImages.png to the zip file, and an additional tutorial on how to apply it (hopefully i explained it well)

2 Likes

Ima use this icons right now =))

3 Likes

Very clean, I love the icons and how it feels like a modern version of the old studio icons. Thanks for the tutorial!

3 Likes

these are absolutely wonderful, I watched these progress into what they are today! Really proud of you man

3 Likes

Not going to lie, this looks pretty good.

I’d appreciate some more consistency though, e.g., the sound icon has a gradient but nothing else in the pack does

I also don’t see the point of having 2 different shaped chat icons, just use 1, it would increase your consistency

4 Likes

Yeah that’d be super cool, if all the icons had gradient or atleast most.

2 Likes

I don’t think a gradient everywhere would be fit for purpose. I used to spam gradients, but honestly now, I find it better using solid colour

4 Likes

thank you for the feedback! id definitely fix them soon

the reason i used a gradient there was cause the og one had a gradient, so i thought id keep it

and the reason the chat icons are slightly shorter is cause the designs in it fit better

ill change em soon tho!!

3 Likes

Updated TextChatService icons and others

2 Likes

Refurb’d Update!!!

ive redesigned and recolored a couple icons and also added two new styles: Mono Dark & Mono Light

Refurb’d now has 4 Styles

small showcase:

5 Likes

Good job with these icons! I tried them just now and I love them already.

3 Likes

Looks very nice as it keeps the default style but, (some) colors are a little too vibrant though imo. Just saying

2 Likes

Is it possible to change the roblox studio font? Also you should maybe modify these icons aswell.

1 Like

It’s not possible, as far as I know

2 Likes