Regarding the removal of discord links

So we all know it, ROBLOX made a forum post quite recently talking about the different links we can post on our descriptions for our groups and games.

They Did a pretty Well job explaining why and personally I agree with most they say. Check out the forum post here: Reminder Regarding Permissible Links

But at the end of the day, if You’re a developer, group owner or just a game owner you know that discord has played a major role when it comes to communication for your community. Sadly, ROBLOX communication system is probably not as sophisticated as discord is. This is a major reason most groups chose to use discord as a communication platform for the groups and it did do the job with communication being easy between for example members in a group.

But now with it all being cleared out that if groups or games makes a mention of discord they could get moderated, it has spread around quite some confusion through out the community and many are worried that communication will be much harder from now on. Discord allowed direct conversations with anyone and now with groups and communities being unable to use it we can’t find a better replacement for it. I believe most of you agree with me on this and we all know that we would need a solution since most of ROBLOX biggest communities are using discord and it’s helped quite a lot with growth since invitation and communication is so easy.

A salvation for this would probably be making ROBLOX groups a similar chat system. Every group would have their own “Channel” or “Chat” very similar to discord and I am aware of that ROBLOX will be developing a much better communication system in the future. As silly as my idea might sound (because it’s a total knock off) I can’t come up with anything better.

I might just be wrong overall but I really want to know what you think about this and I would like to hear your opinions on this topic.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.