Regularly when teleporting, players are told the place is "restricted" when it is not

This issue is still not fixed as I am still getting reports of teleporting failures. (Same errors.)

1 Like

My game also has this issue, except the rate of it occurring is 100%. Itā€™s never succeeded in teleporting the player. It always bring up that the teleport destination is restricted.

apologies for the delayed response. can you provide your game/universe id? we can look into this further

The universe id is 1750679814. Thank you and best of luck of solving this.

1 Like

hey @B1GEY3DPYTH0N - weā€™re seeing that 1750679814 is associated with an image asset, not a place or universe. can you provide a link to the game thatā€™s having issues instead?

That is weird, but sure. BRICKBATTLE PWNAGE: Resurgence - Roblox

This is the menu part of the game, that you use to teleport the other game. And the teleport functionality is where the problem shows up.

1 Like

got it - iā€™ve been testing your game several times, and i have been able to get to the level where i can see and fight some other players. do you know if are there certain parameters that i can set to reproduce the issue?

it appears that i can only join Combat Initiate, and that seems to work consistently at least

That isnā€™t where the problem comes in. It comes from the Join Username GUI at the bottom of the screen. You put in their name, and get teleported to the server they are in. However, whenever someone tries joining someone with it, the currentInstance boolean for GetPlayerPlaceInstance returns false, when the player is checked and guaranteed to be playing. Lets say, instead of checking if the currentInstance bool is true (meaning that the player was found in the game) we ignore it. Meaning we instead just wrap the TeleportToPlaceInstance in a pcall. Well, if we do this then we get the message on screen ā€œTeleport destination is restrictedā€ or something along those lines. I find it really weird though because the place id IS returned with GetPlayerPlaceInstance, but somehow, the currentInstance boolean returns false. It really doesnā€™t make sense. So it detects the players placeid, but returns currentInstance as false, and even if you ignore checking that bool, it still shows on the screen that the teleport destination is restricted.

1 Like

youā€™re completely right - this function has been returning the wrong params for a long time so weā€™re going to see if we should just update the documentation or if we should fix the function.

iā€™ll update this thread with any news

1 Like

i think what was confusing before is that the first post in this thread is about TeleportToPrivateServer, but the one mentioned right above is TeleportToPlaceInstance, which relies on GetPlayerPlaceInstanceAsync. the TeleportToPrivateServer problems should be resolved, and my reply above is about GetPlayerPlaceInstanceAsync, which indeed has a problem (the dev documentation is incorrect, in both the example and general description)

hey @OutlookG - which teleport are you using? and what are some of the games that youā€™re experiencing the issues in?

I have not heard of the issue for a month or two so I believe it is fixed!

1 Like

However just in case its not iā€™m using :ReserveServer and :TeleportPartyAsync.

The issue was here: Blox Royale - Roblox

When players where teleporting into matches with others it would return with one of the various errors said above.

1 Like

hey @filiptibell, are you still experiencing a lot of teleport errors in your game?

@goro7 @B1GEY3DPYTH0N weā€™re opting to keep the code the same, but weā€™ll be updating the documentation, so developers like yourselves that have the code working wonā€™t have to make any changes.

3 Likes

Thank you for helping me with this, Iā€™m glad to hear that no one will be confused like I did anymore.

Players in my game have started to receive this very issue.

1 Like

I am not a game dev myself but over the past couple of days I have also started to see this issue when playing teleport-based games.

Is the problem still occurring? I have same problem with my gameā€¦

My game is having the same issue. (Gameā€™s ID : 4124256330)

edit: seems like it only happens to certain players when they try to teleport together.