Regularly when teleporting, players are told the place is "restricted" when it is not

2021, the same issue accruing.
Teleporters working on another place/game, however not at all at the other.
HTTP, API, etc are all enabled.

This is not my game, but another gameplay interruption. In Entry Point - Roblox, when you make a lobby with more then 1 player, the group teleport fails. Usually it is an error in the DevConsole or a Teleport Failed kick notification. So basically, TeleportAsync and TeleportPartyAsync still have issues.

This is an issue that is still happening currently - March 17th, 2021

I am still constantly experiencing these issues in popular games such as Starscape and EntryPoint. For example, it happened to me 3 consecutive times in EntryPoint when I tried to teleport to the map, and it left me stuck on the loading screen.

I think this diminishes the Roblox experience and I hope to see this being fixed. I highly doubt that it’s an issue for the developers because the games are still very popular and many still play them.

1 Like

hey folks - we made some changes on our end that should hopefully address this issue. but…if the problem is still happening, please reply here and add the following info:

• Teleport Type, e.g. (Teleport, TeleportToPrivateServer, etc)
  • PlaceId
  • UniverseId or link to game
  • Error Code, e.g. 773
  • Teleport Error Message, e.g. Attempted to teleport to a place that is restricted
  • Platform
  • Client error message*
  • Region, Country, e.g. California, USA or Quebec, Canada

to retrieve the client error message, press F9 after the error occurs and it’ll open a debug log - the client error message should be displayed there in red if the teleport fails.

thank you!

8 Likes

My game is currently experiencing the issue (6707475252):
Teleport Type: TeleportToPlaceInstance
PlaceId: 7072286491
UniverseId: 6707475252
Error Code: 773
Teleport Error Message: “Attempted to teleport to a place that is restricted.”
Platform: PC
Client error message:

Region: USA

Additional information:
JobId: d08c9b4b-7229-4e97-93ef-1b487f9dc423
Teleported from client
Global teleports disabled (all placeids are in the same universe)
Some players can join fine, others consistently get this error popup.

2 Likes

I too, have been experiencing the same issue with my experience, Blox Tower Defense.
Type: TeleportToPrivateServer
PlaceId: 6346825342
Game: Blox Tower Defense! - Roblox
Error Code: 773
Error Message: “Attempted to teleport to a place that is restricted.”
Platform: PC
Client Error Message: Didn’t get a screenshot sorry
Region: USA

Same error, I’m trying to teleport both players from same and different servers to it’s secondary place (not the starting one). Both type of players receive same error message

• Teleport Type: TeleportToPlaceInstance
  • PlaceId: 8326153678
  • Game: Developers: School of Magic - Roblox
  • Error Code “773”
  • “Attempted to teleport to a place that is restricted”
  • Platform
  • Platform: PC and Mobile
  • Client error message: raiseTeleportInitFailedEvent: Teleport failed because Unknown exception. (Unauthorized)
  • Brazil, SĂŁo Paulo

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.