Rehearse | Quickly preview animations in detail

appIcon

Rehearse

Rehearse lets you quickly preview animations and customize how they play with a variety of tools. Both uploaded and local animations are supported and everything stays in a single window so you can quickly move to another task.

Pan around the rig with left, right, and middle mouse buttons and use your scroll-wheel to zoom in and out. You can click and hold between the playback controls to adjust scaling between the viewport and animation selection interface.

The playback tile lets you see active keyframes, view them along the timeline, scrub through an entire animation, go backward or forward to any time you want, play/pause, choose playback speed, choose a looping style, and select a rig to play the animation on.

Looping Styles:

• Don’t Loop
  • Delayed Loop
  • Loop

The ability to change rigs enables any type of animation on any type of character to be played so Rehearse can work with whatever you throw at it. The default rig is R15.

There are lots of ways to select an animation. Browse through your inventory, enter an ID, drag and drop from the toolbox, and select one from within your game.

API Permissions:

None

What’s new:

Rehearse is available to buy on the Creator Store.

RobloxMarketplace

LinkIcon · LinkIcon · LinkIcon · LinkIcon · LinkIcon

Version 1.4.2

Thank you.

21 Likes

I will definetely (god not again, how is it spelled??) be using this!
I like the UI, it’s consistent with the toolbox UI.

(By the way, mind dropping the badge website?)

1 Like

Cool, but the name sounds misleading, The name is Performance, but it’s a discrete animation previewer

Anyways you make great plugins, will buy them (if my country lets me do so)

3 Likes

No website, I made them in Figma.

Thank you! Definitely, the name is confusing but the tag line or icon included next to it helps with context. I got the name from the idea that the rig is putting on a “performance” when it plays an animation because the viewport is sort of like a stage.

2 Likes

I think you forgot to link the creator marketplace one

Hello, may I ask if this is a new version of Performance? because I was certain I had seen a different topic about it before? or have I overlooked something?

Additionally, I highly suggest this plugin because it is really cool. :+1:

Oh, thanks for pointing that out!

It’s the same plugin as you’ve likely seen before but this has a few changes to it. I deleted the forum posts for all of my plugins a while ago because it took a lot of extra time to maintain each page for every update and I wanted more time to work on those plugins. What I didn’t realize, was how much people use the developer forum to find tools they need. So now I plan on releasing pages for most of them over the coming days or weeks.

This update fixes a small bug where the class icons on selected animation cards would not adjust if the Roblox Studio theme was changed.

never used it lol

didnt think on that…

Questions:

• can you use it on custom rigs?

• will it become expensive-r like other plugin? pretty cheap price compared to them(1000+ r$),
    since roblox is adding usd support to them they became too expensive :person_shrugging:

Yes, any rigs work. Use the explorer to select the rig you want to use. Then, press the “Change” button under the playback controls to use that rig to preview your animation.

It will stay in the 400 - 800 range until Roblox transitions away from using Robux.

1 Like

Use NordVPN, todays video sponsor!

1 Like

:rofl:
imagine using a VPN to get a roblox plugin :skull:

I know, what typa country doesnt allow that bro :sob: dudes living in north korea :skull:

1 Like

why are you asking me that?
what did I do?

just wanted to know, nothing special

This update includes a few bug fixes and improves the experience using Performance.

Changes:

Bug Fixes:

• A new animation would not play automatically if the looping type was set to Don’t Loop and the playback time on the old playing animation was greater than 0

• Workspace passed the is-a-model test and caused an error during the cloning step when trying to change the rig

Improvements:

• Zoom speed in the viewport is now much faster

• When winding back or forward, either button skips 1/12 of the track length instead of 1/10

This update primarily fixes a lot of issues related with playback controls and playback settings conflicting with each other.

Improvements:

• Pasted animation IDs with the rbxassetid:// protocol are automatically reduced to just the ID itself

Bug Fixes:

• Non-self-owned animations would cause many errors when trying to retrieve keyframes

• Playback would continue when dragging the playhead if it began being dragged just after the animation looped back to the start while the delayed looping style was being used

• The delayed looping type ignored backward and forward skip as well as play/pause inputs while waiting to start playback again

• Playback would go back to the start when attempting to skip backward while the animation was still playing

The latest update to Performance completely re-designs the playback interface to show keyframe waypoints more clearly, label keyframe data, and take up less overall space. You can now choose your own animation speed and the change-rig button now shows popup alerts to clearly convey any problems with the rig you are trying to use.

And resizable viewports, a long awaited feature, has finally been added! Hover over the empty space above and below the playback interface until your cursor changes to 1, click and hold, then move your cursor up and down to resize the viewport and animation selection interface.

To clarify some confusion with the name, Performance is now Rehearse. Also included in this update, there are a few bug fixes and changes.

Bug Fixes:

• Cursor would not change back to arrow after animation finished loading sometimes

Changes

• The “Browse” button now displays a block icon while using Rehearse in a play-test to indicate that the action is unavailable

• The loading animation for checking an animation ID has been moved to the left of the TextBox

I like the plugin, would be cool if there was a indicator of what priority the animation has :slight_smile:
(i always forget it haha)

1 Like