Added Function Translator.Translate
Added YieldFunction BadgeService.GetBadgeInfoAsync
Added Event GuiService.SafeZoneOffsetsChanged [RobloxScriptSecurity]
Removed Property GuiObject.SizeFromContents
1 Like

is this the fix for this?

2 Likes

Yes!

When inserted in Studio, make TextLabel/TextButton/TextBox default to a TextColor3 of 0,0,0 instead of 27,42,53.

Dog bless.

11 Likes

Remote functions too?

Just went back and revised the release note descriptions to make them a little more clear and easier to read.

Kudos to @Tiffblocks for making this change!

What does this mean?

1 Like

Rate limit has been introduced to RemoteEvents to help reduce cases where exploits could flood them with requests.

Just out of curiosity, what is the actual rate limit?

1 Like

Probably not going to be documented since that would just make it easier for people to skirt the line.

I figured that it wouldn’t be public for the exact reason that you just said, Nonetheless, it’s a much needed update. Exploiters should not be able to crash servers that are FilteringEnabled just because the exploiter wants to.

1 Like

It’s quite easy to devise a test to find a close approximation of the rate limit. Not sharing this information would simply be detrimental to the development process, as developers would not be aware of the behavior of their own game.

1 Like

If there is now a rate limit, then it doesn’t hurt to know that limit, because the limit IS what will stop flooding by exploiters, although its probably still so high that we don’t need to worry with it,l if your place is coded properly. It still wouldn’t hurt to know what it is.

I can’t give an exact number because its something that we can tune dynamically on the server. Suffice it to say, it shouldn’t impact any developer use cases so long as you aren’t rapidly spamming the server with LOTS of events every second. If the spam throttle is triggered by someone, a warning is printed in the server output indicating which player it is.

1 Like

Just wanted to go and use this property but I see now that it’s gone, any reason why? Is it being replaced by something better?

If I understand correctly, it was removed because some refactoring is being done to the GUI system to support this property, and we didn’t want to confuse people with a non-functional property sitting around. It should come back once it’s ready to actually ship.

This property was never enabled, so never did anything. It’s being removed because we’re going to replace it with a new, more flexible API, based on feedback we got during testing of the feature.

You can read more about it here:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/guiobject-sizefromcontents-beta-closed/39819/58

2 Likes

Oh okay, I look forward to this update :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.