API Changes

Added Property int Workspace.StreamingMinRadius [NotScriptable]
Added Property int Workspace.StreamingTargetRadius [NotScriptable]

Added EnumItem HttpRequestType.Analytics : 22
Added EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.StatusBar : 83

Added Tag [NotBrowsable] to Class PackageLink
5 Likes

Workspace.StreamingMinRadius

Is this the real life? Is it just fantasy?

12 Likes

:sunglasses:

I donā€™t like the sound of this when we hear false positives in regards to the filter all the time. Is there something Iā€™m misunderstanding?

2 Likes

I think this just means studio wonā€™t prompt you to retry uploading the mesh if it deliberately fails from the filter rejecting the name you give the mesh file. Its best to just use simple mesh names that wonā€™t confuse the filter into rejecting the name.

5 Likes

:eyes:
Is this what I think it is?

Probably ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

2 Likes

Awesome. Now I can use Welds instead of Motor6Ds if this comes up.

1 Like

So tell me, since this might be related to Packages, will they function in the same way as LinkedSources, or are you not aware yet?

h m m

3 Likes

YESSSSSS THIS IS AWESOME!

ohboyohboy

1 Like

Also, Iā€™m curious, are the pages actually updated when the features come out? Go back about 40 release notes and you still find some ā€œpendingā€ features.

2 Likes

These seem like a good concession until we hopefully get better developer-set replication support, and something streaming could have used for a long time.

Does the TargetRadius act as a maximum? Or can Roblox pass the target radius and render/load things outside it? (Iā€™d prefer it have a max to avoid loading in unwanted distant objects, possibly)

3 Likes

I think it was mentioned another thread that engineers will often need to create a V2 or V3 of the change, but the release notes are still tied to V1 which isnā€™t technically enabled, even though the latest version is. Most are probably enabled.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is something Iā€™m trying to account for behind the scenes. So that hopefully most of the inconsistencies can be accounted for.

2 Likes

Added Game Icon, Thumbnails, and Genre fields to Studio Game Settings.

If genres have been removed wouldnā€™t them being there pointless? Or does Roblox plan on bringing them back?

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.