16 Likes

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Added Class UIGradient : UIComponent
	Added Property ColorSequence UIGradient.Color
	Added Property Vector2 UIGradient.Offset
	Added Property float UIGradient.Rotation
	Added Property NumberSequence UIGradient.Transparency

Added Function bool DataModel:SetFastFlagForTesting(string name, bool newValue) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function int DataModel:SetFastIntForTesting(string name, int newValue) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function string DataModel:SetFastStringForTesting(string name, string newValue) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function string HttpService:GetUserAgent() {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Added Tag [UserSettings] to Class UserGameSettings

Removed Property Studio.Show Roblox Plugin GUI Service in Explorer

Removed Tag [Service] from Class UserGameSettings

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

9 Likes

This was available on the previous Release Notes as well.

I can stop reading PA requests about this now. We had so many.

This is probably the highlight of this Release Notes for me. Having to run back to moderated plugins and uninstall them is a major pain. Thanks for automatically keeping my window clean for me. It would be great if they could be deleted from our inventories too, but, maybe that’s not a good idea.

6 Likes

Our automated system for generating release notes just picks up features tagged for the given release, and those tickets can be tagged for multiple builds.

5 Likes

Explain yourself!!

What is this?! It Sounds awesome,

4 Likes

UIGradients are super awesome! Think of it like an overall Transparency modifier that uses a NumberSequence instead of a float:
Also, since NumberSequences accept single floats, it can literally work just as an overall transparency fader:
Here’s an example of a blank frame with a UIGradient being used as an accent on a button:
Overall, really exciting stuff!

35 Likes

Quick question; can you use multiple UIGradients on one object to stack them? For example, if I wanted two gradients perpendicular to each other, would that be possible on one object?

I did test that, and it seems only the first UIGradient will have an effect. Stackable gradients would be cool, though.

3 Likes

It’s certainly interesting to see more UI options are coming. I hope that in the future a UIBlur could be created to allow us to selectively and dynamically blur certain parts of the screen.

This update certainly indicates it could be possible.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.