Release Notes for 426

Notes for Release 426

22 Likes

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Added Class UserService : Instance [NotCreatable] [Service]
	Added Function Array UserService:GetUserInfosByUserIdsAsync(Array userIds) [Yields]

Added Function bool AssetManagerService:HasUnpublishedChangesForLinkedSource(string aliasName) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function void AssetManagerService:InsertLinkedSourceAsLocalScript(string aliasName) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function void AssetManagerService:InsertLinkedSourceAsModuleScript(string aliasName) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function void AssetManagerService:InsertLinkedSourceAsScript(string aliasName) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function void AssetManagerService:OpenLinkedSource(string aliasName) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function void AssetManagerService:PublishLinkedSource(int64 assetId, string aliasName) {RobloxScriptSecurity} [Yields]
Added Function void AssetManagerService:RefreshLinkedSource(string aliasName) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function void AssetManagerService:RenameAlias(int assetType, int64 assetId, string oldAliasName, string newAliasName) {RobloxScriptSecurity} [Yields]
Added Function void AssetManagerService:RevertLinkedSourceToLastPublishedVersion(string aliasName) {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Added Event AssetManagerService.MayBeLinkedSourceModified(string aliasName) {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Added EnumItem CollisionFidelity.PreciseConvexDecomposition : 3

Changed the parameters of Event StudioService.GamePublishFinished 
	  to: (bool success, int64 gameId)

Changed the serialization of Property BallSocketConstraint.MaxFrictionTorque 
	  to: [<🕒> RuntimeOnly]

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

4 Likes

:tada:
It only took a few years for this to be a feature. Curious if the announcement will include more technical information about this.

21 Likes

I’m curious to see what the performance implications of this feature will be.

Nevertheless, its addition will increase the viability of meshes in scenarios that require accurate physics simulation; I can’t help but note the amount of meshes I had to convert into parts due to this issue.

PS: I too am overjoyed this released. I mean… holly cow. (Yes, I had to)

2 Likes

Woah this is pretty cool, I had to create a hollow sphere out of like 30-40 squares because I couldn’t negate a sphere and put stuff inside of it

I don’t know if this will fix the problem, guess we just have to wait and see

2 Likes

I feel like having a supported feature would be less performance intensive than a few million parts being needed for collision of a mesh or union.

Not sure though.

2 Likes

Awesome! I’m excited for the new collision fidelity. Hopefully that will improve performance for creating more complex shapes.

One small thing I noticed: Title says 436, but it should be 426. Unless we actually skipped 10 versions into the future today, in which case, hype.

3 Likes

Fixed, thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.