35 Likes

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Added Class DepthOfFieldEffect : PostEffect
	Added Property float DepthOfFieldEffect.FarIntensity
	Added Property float DepthOfFieldEffect.FocusDistance
	Added Property float DepthOfFieldEffect.InFocusRadius
	Added Property float DepthOfFieldEffect.NearIntensity

Added Property bool GameSettings.VideoRecording {RobloxScriptSecurity} {✏️RobloxSecurity} [<📁> LoadOnly] [NotReplicated]
Added Property string Motor6D.ChildName  [ReadOnly] [NotReplicated] [NotScriptable]
Added Property string Motor6D.ParentName  [ReadOnly] [NotReplicated] [NotScriptable]

Added Function void WorldRoot:IKMoveTo(Instance part, CFrame target, float translateStiffness = 0.5, float rotateStiffness = 0.5, Enum<IKCollisionsMode> collisionsMode = "OtherMechanismsAnchored") {PluginSecurity}

Added Enum IKCollisionsMode
	Added EnumItem IKCollisionsMode.NoCollisions : 0
	Added EnumItem IKCollisionsMode.OtherMechanismsAnchored : 1
	Added EnumItem IKCollisionsMode.IncludeContactedMechanisms : 2

Changed the parameters of Function Players:SetLocalPlayerInfo 
	from: (int64 userId, string userName, Enum<MembershipType> membershipType, bool isUnder13)
	  to: (int64 userId, string userName, string displayName, Enum<MembershipType> membershipType, bool isUnder13)

Removed Function WorldRoot:IkMoveTo

Removed Enum CollisionsMode
	Removed EnumItem CollisionsMode.NoCollisions
	Removed EnumItem CollisionsMode.OtherMechanismsAnchored
	Removed EnumItem CollisionsMode.IncludeContactedMechanisms

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

13 Likes

:eyes:

Edit: If another one of you likes my post with a single emoji you’re doomed :triumph:

30 Likes

Instead of breaking execution when trying to step through non-yieldable code, the debugger silently steps until it has an opportunity to break. Breakpoints in non-yieldable code are ignored but a message is printed to the output.

Due to a mishap with flag tracking I think this will be permanently marked as “pending” but it’s actually live. Happy debugging!

16 Likes

was demoed on 1st April on YouTube. it looks amazing :grin:

29 Likes

This has already been addressed so early? That’s wonderful! I can now filter out tracks by length in the Toolbox. I now am waiting for the same change on the website as well as other search filtering options to come, if any are planned.

6 Likes

How do I get DepthOfFieldEffect to function? It’s in Lighting and I have the same properties as shown in the video above, but it doesn’t seem to do anything.
EDIT got it working

9 Likes

There seems to be an issue with parsing skinny arrows on the new type checker:

Expected ‘->’ when parsing function type, got ‘-’

2 Likes

Its most likely not enabled yet. You can use something like RobloxStudioModManager to enable it in studio.

2 Likes

“ Changed the way Humanoid state replicates from the network owner of the Humanoid. Currently uses physics replication, will use property replication. This may change the timing of state change events for remotely owned Humanoids.”

Is it possible to effect games negatively?

4 Likes

Exposed WorldRoot/IKMoveTo publicly for use by community plugins.

This feature is also live despite being marked as pending in the changelog. You can play with it by entering the following on the command line:

workspace:IKMoveTo(workspace.YourPart, CFrame.new(...))

5 Likes

Curiously, it appears the API page for this method has been removed from the Developer Reference, but it is still available in Google WebCache.

1 Like

I’m so glad ScrollingFrames are still being updated. They’re something I use a lot and they’ve always been extremely frustrating to use. Thanks for this

Now, heh, has there been any progress on automatically setting their canvas size relative to their contents? Asking for a friend :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.