Notes for Release 440

28 Likes

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Added Property bool MeshPart.HasJointOffset {✏️NotAccessibleSecurity} [Hidden]
Added Property Vector3 MeshPart.JointOffset {✏️NotAccessibleSecurity} [Hidden]
Added Property bool Studio.Highlight Current Line
Added Property Color3 Studio.Current Line Highlight Color
Added Property bool StudioService.AlignDraggedObjects {RobloxScriptSecurity} [ReadOnly] [NotReplicated]
Added Property Enum<SkinnedMeshAllowType> Workspace.SkinnedMeshEnabled  [NotScriptable]

Added Function bool StudioService:HasInternalPermission() {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Added Enum SkinnedMeshAllowType
	Added EnumItem SkinnedMeshAllowType.Default : 0
	Added EnumItem SkinnedMeshAllowType.Enabled : 1
	Added EnumItem SkinnedMeshAllowType.Disabled : 2

Added Enum TeleportMethod
	Added EnumItem TeleportMethod.TeleportToSpawnByName : 0
	Added EnumItem TeleportMethod.TeleportToPlaceInstance : 1
	Added EnumItem TeleportMethod.TeleportToPrivateServer : 2
	Added EnumItem TeleportMethod.TeleportToPartyAsync : 3

Added EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.ChatIncomingBgColor : 76
Added EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.ChatIncomingTextColor : 77
Added EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.ChatOutgoingBgColor : 78
Added EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.ChatOutgoingTextColor : 79
Added EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.ChatModeratedMessageColor : 80
Added EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.ScriptEditorCurrentLine : 98

Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.Separator from 76 to 81
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.ButtonBorder from 77 to 82
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.ButtonText from 78 to 83
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.InputFieldBorder from 79 to 84
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.CheckedFieldBackground from 80 to 85
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.CheckedFieldBorder from 81 to 86
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.CheckedFieldIndicator from 82 to 87
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.HeaderSection from 83 to 88
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.Midlight from 84 to 89
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.StatusBar from 85 to 90
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DialogButton from 86 to 91
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DialogButtonText from 87 to 92
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DialogButtonBorder from 88 to 93
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DialogMainButton from 89 to 94
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.DialogMainButtonText from 90 to 95
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.InfoBarWarningBackground from 91 to 96
Changed the value of EnumItem StudioStyleGuideColor.InfoBarWarningText from 92 to 97

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

15 Likes

It’s that time of day again, let me see what we have for the Release notes today.

Also, I spice things up for this release note by splitting up my opinions and questions on either the Developer Hub or the Syntax version that Clonetrooper provided, so here we go:

Developer Hub:

Nice to hear that the rotate dragged has been improved when you rotate and see how many degrees you have rotated, happy to see this.

Performance improvements for the in-game menu, and what would these improvements be exactly? Interested in what it is. :derp:

For the Lua Dragger, I see this very excited to be live in a couple of days or even today when it comes to joints, but also nice to also see that CharacterLoad was fixed, thanks!

I knew something was off when I was losing some frames and how studio was laggy for me, hope to see this live any moment now.

Syntax:

This seems promising and great to see to use right now if it is a thing or in the future to test out TeleportMethod, but how will this work exactly when it comes to developers using this in their games?

That is a lot of numbers to be changed and added from a lower number to a higher number or the opposite, higher to lower, but nice change anyway.

Anyway, some interesting things were found in the release notes, can’t wait to see what’s next on release notes 441!

1 Like

Will the existing TeleportService methods that do what the EnumItem names say all be deprecated in favor of a TeleportService:Teleport overload? Or perhaps a completely new method that accepts an EnumItem?

7 Likes

Any idea of what certain properties will be affected in this pending change?

Certain properties of the player that were spoofable are no longer spoofable.

Everything here looks neat but… What does this mean?
Does this imply this was server side?
What specific properties does this include? (if it isn’t important that they’re secret or something)
What do we even mean by spoofing in this case? Does it mean truly setting said property, or just making it appear a certain way to local scripts?
Does this refer to something exploit related, or something that could be done from a local/server script?

To me this isn’t clear what is actually returned… Is the entire thing returned, or just the scope, and now length 1 gives the full thing? Or does 0 give the full thing and length 1 keeps this?
(Also what the heck is this used for?)

Spicy! I’m exited for the new unified :Raycast and this sounds like this.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Literally, in every game, the new in-game menu was so laggy and difficult to navigate as a result, this is a nice improvement. It’s time for its comeback!

For this, I think we should also have numbers indicating those “ticks” like every 10 degrees or something. It would add to precision even more.

This seems nice, but IDK about certain edge cases. If it’s a rugged surface, would a section of the part end out inside of the ground or would it be raised to keep the entire part on out?

Nonetheless, these are some juicy set updates!

5 Likes

Don’t worry, optionally displaying exactly how much you’ve rotated by like the Transform tool does (and even allowing you to rotate by a specific numeric input) are planned as future improvements.

It will extend the surface at the point that you dragged onto out into an infinite plane, and place the unrotated object down onto that plane. This can sometimes leave it intersecting terrain for concave enough surfaces, but it’s a relatively conservative approach which generates no intersection the majority of the time.

We have other mechanisms planned for “physically” dragging things in the world in cases where you want to get an object as in-contact-but-not-intersecting-with the world as possible (E.g: Placing a car on the terrain so that when you run the game it continues to sit exactly where it is despite not being anchored). This toggle is mainly to support the use case of placing Trees / Street Lights / etc where you’re going to sink them into the heightmap anyways.

7 Likes

Why is nobody talking about this :eyes:

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.