Release Notes for 552

Notes for Release 552

29 Likes

Surprisingly useful feature. I’ve always wondered how much memory certain fonts took.

8 Likes

I hope Roblox allows more features to be toggle-able, and not forced to be one or the other.

7 Likes

Y E S !

8 Likes

Return type of Enum.SpecificType:GetEnumItems is now {Enum.SpecificType} instead of general {EnumItem}

Thank goodness, it’s REALLY useful that you guys are starting to change the returning of data, and arguments to the correct types.

8 Likes

R6 animations sometimes do not load in or play (been happening in most r6 games today) - Bug Reports / Engine Bugs - DevForum | Roblox

This update appears to have severely impacted R6 animations in live games across the board. Even the Sit animation does not work properly

4 Likes

Curious as to why there aren’t any api changes for this release

1 Like

Client Difference Log

API Changes

Added Function Dictionary TextService:GetFontMemoryData() {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function string VoiceChatInternal:GetSessionId() {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function string VoiceChatInternal:GetVoiceExperienceId() {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function string WorldRoot:CacheCurrentTerrain(string id, Vector3 center, float radius) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function bool WorldRoot:ClearCachedTerrain(string id) {RobloxScriptSecurity}
Added Function RaycastResult WorldRoot:RaycastCachedTerrain(string id, Vector3 origin, Vector3 direction, bool ignoreWater) {RobloxScriptSecurity}

Added EnumItem ConnectionError.PlayerRemoved : 291

Added Tag [NotReplicated] to Property AlignOrientation.PrimaryAxis
Added Tag [NotReplicated] to Property AlignOrientation.SecondaryAxis

Changed the serialization of Property ChatWindowConfiguration.HorizontalAlignment 
	  to: [<💾|📁> Saves|Loads]

Changed the serialization of Property ChatWindowConfiguration.VerticalAlignment 
	  to: [<💾|📁> Saves|Loads]

Removed Property Bone.IsCFrameDriven

Removed Tag [NotReplicated] from Property ChatWindowConfiguration.HorizontalAlignment
Removed Tag [NotReplicated] from Property ChatWindowConfiguration.VerticalAlignment

(Click here for a syntax highlighted version!)

5 Likes

Screenshot_25651116_151810
2 things came back woooo, but the ones I’m curious is “IsCFrameDriven”

2 Likes

They are manually generated. As far as I am aware they are technically unofficial.

Speaking of Enum types, the Enum type itself doesn’t describe a GetEnumItems method. This is a really really specific use case, so I’m not surprised and am curious if any other living soul has seen this before, but, I recently wanted to use this for some data serialization. In particular, I wanted to be able to take any Enum.SpecificType as an input, and create a mapping of EnumItem.Values for it, for data serialization purposes.

Right now my quick and dirty hack is to type the argument as Enum & {GetEnumItems: () -> {EnumItem}}, which, to my surprise actually works.

Even better would be Enum as a generic, e.g. Enum<Enum.SpecificType> so I can let the type checker infer the EnumItem types by using a generic on my function. (I may be misunderstanding whether or not the typechecker can do that, but to my knowledge I believe it would)

2 Likes

It’s unofficial, and still a somewhat manual process on my part. I was feeling ill when the post was made and my post spot hasn’t been reserved lately. I should have an automated solution going soon.

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.