Release Notes for 567

*The first note is incorrectly duplicated. This will be fixed soon.

34 Likes

Isn’t this basically doing the same as the isReady return value. If so wouldn’t it be better to just throw an error if it times out?

4 Likes

the features are nice and update 567 seems good.

2 Likes

Great performance improvements. Congratulations!

2 Likes

And just like that my memory store is more efficient. Thanks!

7 Likes

What checks? I thought data stores couldn’t be accessed on the client?

2 Likes

I assume in this case, the server is the client in those notes. (To whatever backend Roblox has for DataStores)

8 Likes

Hey. Problem on note 567

There are two thing?

3 Likes

Can happen when there’s two or more separate internal tickets associated with fixing one user-facing problem if the engineer forgets to only put the release note on one of them.

6 Likes

Just wanted to point out in either this version, or 566, the camera got bugged to where the cursor would lock in the centre as if you were in first person if you alt-tab or do anything that puts the game window out of focus.

This may be temporarily fixed by opening the esc menu or resetting (but it’s temperamental).

1 Like

Is there any news on fixing the mouse when panning, shift locking, etc. on the Roblox UWP app?

For some reason when you pan, or use shift lock in any experience, the mouse will teleport to the location of where it would have moved the mouse if you weren’t panning or using shift lock. It seems the issue also affects first person as well.

I don’t recall it being an issue with the app, but it seems to be an issue now some updates ago.

Pay attention to the windows mouse cursor, and you’ll see what I mean.

5 Likes

The thing that’s not working here is called a “pointer lock” and apparently people keep having issues with it in UWP apps if my brief googling session is any good.
The workarounds I could see involve enabling and disabling the mouse from the device manager, reinstalling the drivers and other wacky activities. (Don’t do any of these things)

Finally. This is probably the best of all of them.

It’s unfortunate the UWP mouselock doesn’t work. The current workaround is to right click, but it’s tedious. I just use it fullscreen, but if you have dual monitors it might be problematic.

Has been an issue since 54x.

1 Like

This update has analysis callbacks being added to ScriptEditorService,

So I’ll just add something I said before

It’s cool to get these callbacks but they’re not the most useful if we cant directly use the lexer and AST that Studio is using

2 Likes

I’m still getting an issue when loading up the game which tells:
“Are you sure do you want to quit Roblox Studio?”
while I never click on close or anything. When you say no, it shows another box saying “Lost connection with the server” “Restart studio or open a local copy”
I usually just close it and work on the game normally, the changes save and there are no actual problems, it’s just so weird that thing appears.

You can use an approach like LuauInLuau to write a plugin in C++ that works on Luau AST.

Okay is the new update available right now?

My issue here is that unless there’s a Luau implementation thats close to the lexer/AST used, people who want to use my plugin would have to install and run a third-party program which can be :bomb:

Wouldn’t it be easier and safer here to expose methods in Studio that could work with immutable copies of the AST and Lexeme tokens

3 Likes

How long is it going to take for the pathfinding/navmesh fixes to stop pending? It’s ruining my game, all my pathfinders think they can just walk through walls. It’s been 4 days.

1 Like

Same here. It’s insanely frustrating how broken PathfindingService just suddenly became.

1 Like