Release Notes for 571

Someone’s looking into this, not intentional.

3 Likes

OH THANK GOD. Good to know someone is looking into it at least.

I think it’s done that for a while now. If I typed in that number, it always was rounded up to 0.063 (and 0.03125 would become 0.031).

In the past, did it only visually round the numbers, actually using the full number when moving parts around?

Yeah. Also this bug is still not fixed yet, hopefully it gets fixed soon. Haven’t built in studio for 6 days as I’m still waiting on this.

The grid snap input will be fixed in the May 3rd Studio release. Unfortunately the fix didn’t quite make it into this week’s release.

As a bonus though the general behavior of the box has been overhauled along with the fix: Entering zero disables snapping instead of changing the increment, and the grid snap is no longer bounded, you’ll be able to enter as small a value as you want and have it work.

1 Like

The bug got fixed yesterday, thankfully.

This has been asked before in a bug post but when can we get the UI snapping fixed after this update seemingly broke it?

Yeah, I had to disable the fix last week due to it breaking snapping in the Transform tool.

Next week there will be a new fix up which has been split up in such a way that we’ll definitely be able to keep it on. Sorry it has taken so long to get a fix permanently on for this.

5 Likes

Alr, that’s good news, thanks for responding.

Some good news at long last, Thank you for informing us.

Is there any updates on this? Any estimated timeline for fix?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.