Release Notes for 572

Notes for Release 572

38 Likes

Text with UIGradient now works correctly with clipping.

Does this mean that we can now use gradient effects on TextLabels? Or… am I missing a bug that happened prior?

5 Likes

Hello! You’re able to have gradient effects on TextLabels, you just need to set TextColor to white so it can correctly blend with the gradient :slight_smile:

This release note is referring to the bug reported here where UIGradients on TextLabels inside an instance with ClipsDescendants on would sometimes glitch the text out of the frame.

12 Likes

I’ve noticed a severe decrease in the number of things that are displayed in the release notes, what’s changed in development, and should we be expecting some things that have been in long-term development releasing/announced soon?

20 Likes

Thread safety for Spherecast and Blockcast! :flushed: :heart:

11 Likes

I have almost 50 bug reports for Studio still open, some for almost 3 years… It’s a shame when we see so little effort in fixing Studio bugs.

16 Likes

Thanks for fixing the issue with the font weight dropdown! Now I can get back to making UI. This update saved me.

Cone casting when gonna happen?? :evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Glad the font weight didn’t go unnoticed :+1:

Do you know when IKControl Constraints are gonna come out of beta?

1 Like

Probably because most of the engine team is working on the 64-bit client with Byfron. As of right now it’s really unstable (crashes after about a minute or two) so this will probably go on for another couple of weeks.

8 Likes

Thank you very much! It’s great to see that this bug has been fixed quickly.

And I am wondering if people are still getting promoted or not? I’ve originally found the bug but couldn’t report on it so I asked my friend AtomTosctuOzgurUsta to post it for me.

2 Likes

Things just happen to ebb and flow.

At Roblox we don’t hold back features just to have a more consistent feature / fix release schedule: Things ship as soon as they’re ready and no sooner.

That means that developers get access to features as soon as possible but the downside is you get some weeks where a dozen cool features ship all at once and other weeks where nothing much happens. It just comes down to when things happen to get finished.

24 Likes

And sometimes, there are issues with Release Notes page creation :smiley:

13 Likes

Release Notes for versions 571 and 572 were updated with additional items that got inadvertently excluded before.

8 Likes

Torus casting when???

(i genuinely wonder who would use it)

1 Like

When is the additional space when line-breaking strings with RichText scheduled to be fixed? I saw a staff member say that the fix would “release in a week or two”, but that response was three weeks ago and I’m still dealing with this issue.

2 Likes

Im not sure if this is a bug with my game or not but when version 570 released, my game experienced frame freezing/stuttering or lag spikes, where the screen completely freezes and nothing moves, not the UI, nothing, the screen is completely frozen for like a split second then it returns to normal. It does the screen freezing for about 15 or so seconds, if not random times. It has never done this before the update on version 570 on 4/7-4/8. Note my game has a super massive terrain water ocean and i’ve read that they did something about terrain water and frame spikes in version 570 about reducing frame spikes, i’m not sure but maybe they did something that caused an unintentional thing that causes it to freeze the screen when loading terrain. Also note that my game has streaming enabled so that maybe causing an issue? I’m not really sure. Link: [GEORGIC REVAMP!] Tiny Sailor's: WORLD™ - Roblox

I joined the game and played for a while, but didn’t get freezes or lags.
What is the platform where you experience these issues?
It might be worth opening a separate bug report topic with an example video.

572 doesnt let me join the game,ah!

I think this ROBLOX update actually make me use more RAM with my specs.I currently play Apocalypse Rising 2, a hostile zombie survival game for a long time, I usually have 2.3gb to 2.7gb ram memory used in my device

But since this Release Note, the game has had a very slight performance reduction, but the ram memory usage went through the roof, having opened the game I already used more than 3.2gb of ram memory, after playing at least a few minutes experienced a total freeze of the roblox client without a crash warning that stayed for almost a minute.

Trying to play on another server gave the same ram usage results, even after playing for almost an hour, roblox used almost 4gb of memory.

This game has not been updated for 1 week, so the developers have nothing to do with it.
Apocalypse Rising 2 - Roblox (Game link)

2 Likes