Release Notes for 581

Release Notes for 581

73 Likes

Cool :+1:
dont understand half the changes but its for the better im guessing

Added RichText text direction through which can be set to auto, ltr, and rtl.

okay this is cool

21 Likes

BorderSizePixel and BorderColor will now be 0 and Color3.new(0, 0, 0) by default respectively.

HOORAY!!! I didnā€™t even know this was coming but this saves me so much time setting it to 0 every time I make a new frame.

54 Likes

Ooo I kinda like the rich text direction thing. Think that might be useful for me (and others) in the future!

17 Likes

Thank the lord, now I donā€™t have to spend an extra 1 seconds setting this to zero.
I swear if even one person has a problem with this, Iā€™m going to lose it.

49 Likes

IKControl now supports Universal Constraint joint limits.

WOOO! Now I can finally ship IKControl for Nexus VR Character Model-

Add temporary Workspace property to opt-in to IKControl Constraint support.

ā€¦waitā€¦ this means I canā€™t ship this without all games having to opt-in to use it?!

25 Likes

Planning on adding the feature of a range of which the drag detector work? Also Iā€™m not sure how it would control but is there also a feature WIP where you can test your VR game without a VR headset?

15 Likes

I think not being able to test VR games without the headset has an advantage, as less people will be able to make them which I believe makes VR games on Roblox ā€œmore specialā€ and more attractive, as itā€™s more scarce on the platform.

12 Likes

Ah man an end of an era for sure.

The deprecated ā€œChatā€ service is no longer visible by default unless there are children already inside of it. You can insert it through the ā€œInsert Serviceā€ menu.

Did this not just remove stuff that was grayed out, would make sense not to even showed grayed out options?

Removed some context menu items from the right-click menus for right-clicking services and right-clicking the empty space in Explorer with nothing selected. If this included an option you relied on, please let us know in a Studio feature request.

11 Likes

The property is temporary, so you should be able to implement it once itā€™s released for everybody. Iā€™m sure you knew that!

6 Likes

How do I give all my Robux to whoever came up with this idea?

20 Likes

Not always.

If you consider something like Copy / Paste, hiding copy when thereā€™s nothing selected to copy would be annoying because it would unnecessarily move around the options in the menu without providing much benefit. However hiding some less frequently used ones when they donā€™t apply definitely has benefits. The behavior has to be decided on a case by case basis for best results.

12 Likes

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE GOT THERE! NO MORE COUNTLESS TIMES FORGETTING TO REMOVE THE UI BORDER :tada: :raised_hands:

10 Likes
+ Property bool BasePart.EnableFluidForces
+ Property bool Workspace.EnableFluidForces

:eyes: :question:

20 Likes

Where are you getting this information from?

7 Likes

ā€˜fluidā€™ implies gas and liquid - might we finally see the return of water currents? otherwise Iā€™m pretty sure this is wind-related

8 Likes

here

7 Likes

Robloxapi has sadly stopped providing new info about new roblox updates, idk why. Now, I mainly use Roblox Client Tracker and github to know any new added functions/properties/etc.

5 Likes

Thank you for fixing this bug.

Also slightly excited about the following change:

A nice quality of life change, no longer having to set BorderSizePixel to 0 for every UI object I add is a small but nice change

5 Likes

I wonder if this will allow for terrain water to affect physics, would be nice for boats

5 Likes