Release Notes for 583

Release Notes for 583

87 Likes

This has been a very needed feature

48 Likes

What exactly does this entail? Has this been explained before and I just missed it?

53 Likes

Alright! Another great day to develop games.

Hey, what’s thi-

EDIT 1: Okay. Seriously. 38 Likes. Somebody’s bound to see this by now.

EDIT 2: Guys. Guys. Chill. Dev rel where are you?!

EDIT 3: GUYS. GUYS. 49?! DEV RELATIONS WHERE?!

50 Likes

Has this been mistakenly omitted from the Fixes?

30 Likes

I can’t view these, they’re private pages.

22 Likes

Ah, I forgot that’s limited visibility. Anyways, it’s another part of ongoing work on making humanoids more configurable. The physical humanoid controller that’s already in beta (and soon to be out of beta!) is part of that but there’s some other work streams like the state machine that aren’t ready for a public beta yet.

27 Likes

UI Selection can now jump between Screen, Surface, and BillboardGuis.
Any chance we might get something like GetGuiObjectsAtPosition for SurfaceGui? or a reference to the players’ input as a pixel offset relative to the parent surface gui’s absolute size :crossed_fingers:

28 Likes

Any solid, further plans for the DynamicImage class in the near future…? I’m very much looking forward to :ReadPixels(), as it is currently. :smile:

(Currently, it’d only be enabled in-Studio, with a flag)

24 Likes

DynamicImages and DynamicMeshes have a lot of potential to be very powerful. If Roblox allows DynamicImages to be the same resolution as the player’s screen, it could invoke a whole new era of visual design on Roblox. If it doesn’t, still useful, but nothing groundbreaking. DynamicMeshes no matter what, still likely have a lot of potential too. I’m certainly hyped.

31 Likes

Error: The operation completed successfully

17 Likes

It is definitely weird. Somebody should get this bug reported. Can anyone else confirm this?

19 Likes

Fixes an issue where UIStroke sometimes has gap when applied onto GuiObjects with rounded corner under high DPI settings.

Thanks a lot for fixing this bug! It was quite frustrating , especially since it does not occur on all devices.

14 Likes

I have found UI strokes are still broken, at least on some screens. I suspect it is something to do with windows scaling since I have it set to 125%

You can see on the 3 blue buttons, the top stroke is 1px too short, should be 2px, the bottom stroke is 1px too low, and there is a small gap because of that in the bottom left corner

11 Likes

What are the semantics for Instance:IsPropertyModified() and Instance:ResetPropertyToDefault()? Are they Studio defaults or Instance.new defaults?

6 Likes

I believe @tnavarts said these were instance constructor defaults.

6 Likes

I believe that this change (Fixes an issue where UIStroke sometimes has gap when applied onto GuiObjects with rounded corner under high DPI settings.) is still being uploaded to the main client, since according to the release notes, that change is still pending. I apologise if I am misinterpreting the release notes but perhaps testing later would give better results.

10 Likes

Release notes for 586 please? :pleading_face:

10 Likes

yes plissssssss give us the release notes for 586 :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

7 Likes

developing on prod :sunglasses:

13 Likes