Release Notes for 590

Oh my god. Finally we can get frequency related data from audio! What flags did you change?

15 Likes

A time scale setting would be so cool

13 Likes

Didn’t even know this existed, did they announce this somewhere ever? It’s really cool.

13 Likes

(cc. @bluebxrrybot)

Enable the flags
EnableAudioWiring
EnableAudioWiringStudio
EnableAudioSpectrumAnalysis

You’ll need to set up a patch that routes an AudioPlayer into a AudioDeviceOutput and AudioAnalyzer. You link audio instances together with Wires, similar to a modular audio rack in real life.

Then use GetSpectrum on the analyzer itself.

Whoever’s working on the audio routing, it would be nice to also get a basic filter audio effect that can do audio filtering with a cutoff and resonance

18 Likes

Any further context for this?

I get the gist of it but to my knowledge cameras don’t operate with a “speed”.

12 Likes

I believe it meant the zoom interpolation. It’s been a bug for years.

Still unaddressed.

8 Likes

Why is one single spike after 60 seconds so game breaking? Do all of your scripts rely on the framerate or something?

7 Likes

wait is this about studio or the game client?

6 Likes

I don’t know simply because I don’t notice the problem.

6 Likes

ohhh i misunderstood this i think. lemme delete it. my bad lol

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s just a ping spike. Means I don’t notice it.

I wouldn’t notice it anyways since my game is cursed with performance issues and usually runs at 5 FPS, and sometimes 20-30 if I’m lucky.

6 Likes

Add a SurfaceGui.MaxDistance property for limiting draw distance.

finally… we’ll actually be able to optimize games properly
this one addition saves people with worse devices :pray:

7 Likes

string manip my beloved

3 Likes

ah, still good to know it is coming, no more suffering using console to change the sequences.

2 Likes

We must rebenchmark the string interpolation versus the string formatting again.

2 Likes

This new method of routing sound is cool, but can these new wires be routed into multiple speakers? I know sound instances can already do that, but having one source (the AudioPlayer) with wires connecting every speaker to it seems more efficient.

I tried using the AudioDeviceOutput instance and I could select my Player instance to listen to the music fine, but it’s not 3D, and AudioEmitter doesn’t seem to work at all, even when a wire is connected to it.

2 Likes

Im unsure what AudioInteractionGroup is, which seems to be the thing that is making the emitters not work.

You can connect multuple ins to and outs from a device with wires though.
ie: If you wire two AudioPlayers into an effect, it combines them into a single output.

3 Likes

The reason why the shadows shake like that is because of the change of FOV.
So they should fix the issue with shadows when the FOV changes

3 Likes

While they’re working with audio, it would be cool to see if we could split sound channels for virtual left and right speaker sets.

Sounds desync, so it would be cool as a native feature.

Edit: anyone who wants to keep rbxfpsunlocker working for studio, don’t upgrade to 591

3 Likes

Overall I think it’s an amazing release

2 Likes