Release Notes for 599

Release Notes for 599

59 Likes

Oh goodie, back to CSG modelling.

One more until we hit 600!

30 Likes

The return of the coveted “Secrets” data type. Any update on when we can see more about that or is it still Soon:tm:?

13 Likes

Let’s go guys the 600th one will be on next Friday

22 Likes

hopefully version 600 adds something cool!!!

16 Likes

Secret management is a significant feature that will have a dedicated announcement post, so you’ll know when it’s ready.

38 Likes

Developers can now access TextBox’s attributes (such as Text, CursorPosition, SelectionStart) as expected when Input Method Editors are enabled.

I’m surprised that this wasnt already added :scream:

15 Likes

I have read through the documentation pertaining to this but am unsure of what this means specifically:

In the Avatar Previewer, when creating an accessory from a lone mesh part, you will now get a notice if the asset type is one that can’t be uploaded to the Marketplace.

Does this pertain to asset privacy? For example, if I create a mesh part that is a mask and upload it to the marketplace, but mark it private will that flag prevent that specific mesh from being uploaded to the marketplace by others?

Will there be protections for owned/privated mesh parts that are exported/imported with a new ID? That’s largely hypothetical as I don’t know if there is a way to prevent this.

I wonder also if this could pertain to a class of items rather than individual violations/protections. For example, someone attempting to upload a classic static head or depreciated avatar types.

Maybe all of the above?

16 Likes

No, this is about UGC types which could potentially exist but can’t be created right now. E.g.:

• Shoes (not user creatable)
  • Non-layered Shirts / Pants (Shirts / Pants must be layered clothing)
19 Likes

Ah, thank you for the clarification.

13 Likes

task.defer, task.delay, task.spawn and task.wait functions will report a warning (and later an error) when called on a thread that is already scheduled to run later using those functions.

What would be the appropriate course of action for intentionally resuming threads early that were scheduled with task.delay or yielded with task.wait moving forward?

14 Likes

Wait, Roblox adds an actual really cool feature every 100 release notes? I hope one of the features is a massive performance improvement!

12 Likes

we’re all hoping roblox will - nothing special happened in version 400 or 500, but that doesn’t mean they won’t do something special this time!!!

16 Likes

Wooo this is one I’ve wanted since the initial announcement. I place my offscreen UIs by default at 0.5, 1.5 so this was hindering my ability to use the shorthand inputs.

9 Likes

the “Secret” data type might be the buffer but the buffer library isn’t implemented though.

sources:

8 Likes

Judging by the API dump and previous posts by admins, Secrets are like strings but you can’t see or print them. You will be able to create secrets in the web dashboard of your game, then get them using HttpService. This is for stuff like API keys and passwords to prevent your APIs from being compromised if your code ever gets leaked.

5 Likes

Roblox has been going strong in recent weeks.

so close to 600!
Since 500, I’ve been anticipating the 600 release notes.
I don’t know how many months that is, but when it reaches 600, I’m going to have a celebration.

Who wants to celebrate with me? :tada:

11 Likes

You will have to trust me when I say no, that’s not the case. Buffers were added in release 600 (inquiring minds may notice that this is release 599) and Tnavarts mentioned earlier that it’s part of the Secrets feature.

As an addendum: it’s good that you’re keeping an eye on the Luau repo! A lot of people don’t care enough, but open source only matters if people do actually care. :smile:

7 Likes

wonder what will happen on the v600! :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

5 Likes

I’m about to join in on this :slight_smile:

3 Likes