Release Notes for 600

Release Notes for 600

84 Likes

Oh man :frowning: Congrats on hitting 600 though

Any plans to fix the sanitized animation id bug?

30 Likes

BIG 600 IS HERE!! Congratulations on this milestone.

18 Likes

“DEPRECATED
This class was once used to control an ancient achievement system since removed and deprecated. It and its members should not be used in new work.”

… ancient … now I feel old :frowning:

18 Likes

What even was the purpose of points service anyway?

11 Likes

I am going to ask the same question here in hopes of getting a response, when will that be fixed?

I’ve been having issues for more than a month because of that bug and I’ve been forced to register animations locally in studio in order to test them.

9 Likes

What exactly does it mean by softlock? Does it mean hinges can be locked and act as like a parking brake for a car and not move?

Does this mean improved performance on if statements?

Question: When the updates become live, do they always get marked as live or do a lot of them stay marked as pending? I’ve gone all the way to release notes 327 and some of them are still marked as pending

8 Likes

Finally, It’s here—the long-awaited v600!

I finished celebrating! :partying_face:

6 Likes

Only good use for it was to award people with Adurite stuff during one summer. I guess they just didn’t focus on it more?

5 Likes

Yes! Now I can make aerogel! Always loving the increased limits, for anything! …wait, the density could never go to zero? Uh

8 Likes

Release note 600!!! Let’s goo!!! :tada: :partying_face:

4 Likes

Previously foo and bar or baz was more efficient than if foo then bar else baz in bytecode. Now they compile to the same thing when it’s possible. Whether this improves performance is situational, but it does make bytecode smaller, so that’s a win if nothing else.

5 Likes

Does that apply for HingeConstraints?

4 Likes

Happy 600!

(ima miss the Points service tho)

Also, what does this mean? will we be able to lock them, so they won’t move and unlock them whenever we want?

4 Likes

I’m not even joking when I say I was in the boys locker room at my high school when I saw the mobile version of 600 release and I started smiling. Genuinely improved my mood. Something special about Version 600 LOL

1 Like

I don’t even know what adurite is. Care to explain more?

Happy 600, maybe…? Although I didn’t really hope or intend to be celebrating the big 600 with removals of access to zIntegration/zCanary… Along with other changes of having rollouts now be infeasible to view more recently, this really personally stinks for me, and then even proceeding to roll out game-breaking changes, this is a pretty major sting to me.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/thoughts-on-roblox-locking-down-previously-available-advanced-low-level-development-features/2662448

4 Likes

Most likely, and I’ve been waiting for so long for this to be fixed. No more having to use hacky methods finally.

1 Like

What are yall gonna do about 0.1000

Sorry for the delay.

Adurite was a material used for a series of accessories. I believe it started during 2014 with the Summer Games 2014 event, where you could earn some of these items (like the Adurite Teapot or Antlers) if you earned a certain amount of Points in specific experiences.

Fun fact: I won the adurite teapot on my old, now-lost account :frowning:

2 Likes