Release Notes for 614

Release Notes for 614

35 Likes

Are there people out here using LinkedSource in 2024? Who are you? Show yourself.

This means UnreliableRemoteEvent right?

24 Likes

Completely forgot that SkateboardPlatform still exists. Glad to know its still included. XD

36 Likes

This is an interesting choice - is it because it’s less important to care about past packets than with remoteevents?

8 Likes

Nice! I remember needing to contain a textbox in a scrolling frame before, so this will prevent the need to do that.

12 Likes

Is this related?

I hope better Color/NumberSequence studio support is coming so we don’t just have a useless <ColorSequence> displayed.

5 Likes

I am that person. Reporting for duty. :saluting_face:

For me I just had way too many projects and subplaces that used them, never bothered changing them. Until a few years ago, packages didn’t fulfill most of what I was looking for. There’s mostly feature parity now which is neat. Last missing functionality is the ability to publish all subplaces or force all package updates to my live experience.

10 Likes

GG everyone, RoL is no more :stuck_out_tongue:
Time to become a Studio dweller ^^

26 Likes

I don’t get it. Why increase it by just 5 bytes? Why such a small amount?

Also will we ever get a fix for this? It has been bugging me so badly lately.

4 Likes

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised it’s one of the old guard.

Packages have always been kinda lackluster, so I guess I understand that. We’ve been running into problems with them in Rojo too, and there’s not really a solution for a lot of issues.

5 Likes

Well, it’s been great while it lasted.

Thank you Bitdancer, and others for attempting Wine support and for giving us a warning in advance.
Hopefully this is not the end of Roblox on Linux forever.

29 Likes

Does this mean it used to hold the events in a queue until onServerEvent or onServerClient gets connected?

I have tested UnreliableRemoveEvents compared to RemoteEvents, expecting them to be faster than the traditional RemoteEvents (thinking that since it doesn’t need to be ordered, it can active the event strait away), but I found out that it takes pretty much the exact same amount of time…

3 Likes

That’s correct, URE = UnreliableRemoteEvent. I’ll edit this note to specify that.

11 Likes

It’s good to know you’re not one to Wine about this.

I know what I said.

5 Likes

so when are you guys going to make light range bigger than 60

11 Likes

This change is unrelated to copying / pasting directly in the properties window. It only affects the popup editors.

You will be able to select as many ParticleEmitters as you want and press the […] button to change their colors at the same time. The editor defaults to whichever ParticleEmitter was the first in your selection, so a copy/paste workaround is possible:

1. Select the ParticleEmitter with the color you want to “copy”
  2. Select the other ParticleEmitters you want to “paste” into
  3. Click […] to open the color editor
  4. Click an existing point in the editor to force an update. All of the ParticleEmitter’s colors would now match the first one in your selection.
12 Likes

@NotANumeral Thank you so much for your effort! This has been driving me crazy, can’t wait for it to go live so I can mark my feature request as solved :slight_smile:

Also is there any chance that this also includes the base color? So If I select multiple UIGradients, then click the color square and select a base color it’ll act like Color3 properties?

8 Likes

Yes! This change unlocks multi-instance editing via the color square button.

It also unlocks typing directly into the property field with multiple instances selected (as long as the input is a Color3 for ColorSequences, or a Number for NumberSequences).

9 Likes

How can we tell if some differ from others now?

2 Likes

Any news on when SurfaceAppearance overlay AlphaMode will function correctly? e.g. render the material beneath rather than just a solid color

4 Likes