Release Notes for 622

131 Likes

ban api, one of the best update!

35 Likes

Let’s gooooooo!

19 Likes

Does this include UniqueId or is it still random per Instance?

11 Likes

Banning APIS? Thats awesome. I’m very excited.

10 Likes

What’s the thought process of Instance.fromExisting? As in why the idea of adding this would be useful in practical usage.

3 Likes

its useful if you don’t want to run :ClearAllChildren() right after making a clone (which could possibly waste some memory?)
other than that i have no idea

3 Likes

:thinking: :eyes:

16 Likes

this is actually awesome, and i love how many changes here actually really improve things all around. thanks for these changes!

2 Likes

Weirdly enough, this is for FFlagEnableControlsEmulator

5 Likes

I would assume so, considering that it “clones” the instance, but doesn’t include the children.

As of this update, replication (StreamingEnabled) has apparently just broken, at times completely stopping from streaming-in an area.

Yes, as with :Clone, UniqueId and some other internal properties are not copied where appropriate. It also cannot copy protected Instances like Players and Instances which have to be created in a specific way like DataStorePages.

It’s appropriate to simply think of it as “clone but without the children”.

Note: This has to ship on all platforms before becoming available so it’ll be a few weeks.

10 Likes

Cannot wait for ‘This will not be released to users at this stage.’

never seen in my life a meme in a official devforum post.

3 Likes

If you keep an eye out for the more subtle ones there’s actually quite a few of them out there.

24 Likes

update log 2 of asking for mouse side button input support

BANNING APIS POG, hopefully we can ban alt accounts too

what does this even mean

2 Likes

Would there be a brand new service or new methods for the Banning players system?

6 Likes

I mean the astronaut guy is still alive so I guess they might not be

Good question, if it was a service, that would probably be included in the notes but I don’t know, hopefully it’s something as simple as player:Ban() and you’re done with it ngl. The first person to make a ban manager plugin with this is also gonna be mega rich

3 Likes

Right now they are methods for the Players service:

This of course might change though

EDIT: Fixed typo

1 Like

Oh it’s a method of Players (and not Player?). It wouldn’t make any sense for it to be a method of Player because, how do you unban a player if the player can’t join the game…?

Expected it to be a service though

2 Likes