we were so well meaning :broken_heart:

140 Likes

Ayo???

What method? I’m not seeing it in 623’s API dump. Nevermind, found it:

https://create.roblox.com/docs/reference/engine/classes/WorldRoot#StepPhysics

20 Likes

Am I overreacting with how curious I am of this new property

16 Likes

What? Didn’t this get fixed a year ago here?

7 Likes

oh my god yes

I would want the same with MaterialVariants too

Note to self: test things before making a post next time.

23 Likes

TL;DR: Not as interesting as it sounds.

It’s three-phase rollout prop (Disabled/Default/Enabled) controlling various internal changes to the renderer implementation. There aren’t any intentional behavior changes but it’s a large enough change that it’s being done as a three-phase rollout just in case.

8 Likes

SurfaceAppearance.Color I am very excited :slightly_smiling_face:

I have to rewire my brain on how asset authoring can work now.

12 Likes

Nice, no more dad jokes in the release notes. (I liked it…)

Let’s go! They added it, finally!

13 Likes

So they looked at the asset manager, but still didn’t notice this ongoing bug… :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

This wasn’t about looking at asset manager specifically.

We’re currently ripping out and refactoring the old object insertion code which was very fragmented and caused a lot of hangs. The code has been rewritten and now we’re replacing all of the callsites (toolbox, paste, duplicate, asset manager etc) with the new code which is better and will be consistent between all of the different ways something can be inserted.

9 Likes

Yes! And then it regressed…and now it’s back :slight_smile:

9 Likes

omg finally thank you so much, it’s been a burden lately

4 Likes

(@MrChickenRocket for chickynoid)

4 Likes

Sadly, I don’t think Roblox is going to add this method (:StepPhysics()) to live servers for Chickynoid to use. I’d love it if it happened, but nothing is confirmed, and I suspect this feature will be bound to Studio use only.

8 Likes

Happy that the studio crash was fixed! :smile:

4 Likes

Materials, including materialvariants are influenced by the color of a part

3 Likes

At long last! Just in time as I’m reworking my game for its 10th anniversary!

4 Likes

maybe this will make me able to run roblox on integrated graphics and reach 75 fps!?!?!?

2 Likes

Noticed this in the fast flags diff for 623 :eyes:

Does this mean something along the lines of Invalid table key type '<type>' used instead of just Invalid table key type used by itself?

3 Likes

That’s a fun one, it’s actually about our friend Failed to load animation - sanitized ID if you’ve ever seen that before.

People continue to misinterpret the sanitized ID part as the error message when all it’s actually saying is that that’s the sanitized ID of the animation which had some error. Now it actually prints the underlying error.

10 Likes