Release Notes for 625

On this day of release, enjoy 625!

IgnisRBX

43 Likes

Woo!

Finally free of the Transform tool binding itself to my keyboard. This closes my bug report about the issue I filed recently :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Truly a memorable day, I remember it like it was yesterday.

Thank you for this! I’ve had problems with it in the past so I’m glad to see it being fixed!

I’ve seen a bunch of lighting updates, what does it mean?!?!

I’m excited to see how the ban API will develop. So much easier, and hopefully better for moderation instead of kicking with datastores!

15 Likes

I remember when Roblox made it obvious that it didn’t want developers implementing banning. I’m excited that you’ve come to your senses and implemented an easy way to ban malicious users.

4 Likes

Please give us a joke for the next release notes!

16 Likes

splendid

4 Likes

does this mean when you shift your camera won’t immediately shift to an offset? will it be more fluid?

2 Likes

That’s not jitter‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

There’s some de-sync with the renderstep and the camera movement when you’re on shift lock, causing it to be jittery when moving the camera

1 Like

Huh

What exactly is the expected date that we will get this feature live?

it also would be nice to have IP Banning, but not being able to see the IPs of course.

5 Likes

Honestly looking to see that they’re pushing these features to be active in studio and not by an fflag toggle i’d say it could be later this month or possibly in june.

3 Likes

There’ll be a DevForum announcement when it is, keep on the lookout!

4 Likes

This excites me, because I really like taking use of highlights where possible!

Is the same team responsible for fixing related rendering issues such as the one where highlights completely stop rendering when switching apps on mobile devices? :thinking:

3 Likes

Sounds very exciting.

Oh you bet I’ll be on the lookout for that post.

1 Like

who said that it’s gonna be based off this

2 Likes

if fixing the jitter means studio will no longer snap your shiftlock then i am ETERNALLY grateful for this corporation even if it’s just this single thing

1 Like

pretty sure its about the camera looking laggy when a offset is applied using the cameraoffset property, and shiftlock doesnt use humanoid.CameraOffset so thats why I think shiftlock is not jittery while cameraoffset is
its saying fixing jitter for shiftlock too but I have never experienced jitter with shiftlock

glad its getting fixed

1 Like

Hello
Does this mean that we will start seeing the Sun flares on mobile devices too.
Currently on Max graphics settings the Sun looks like this on mobile devices:

while on a PC on high settings it looks much more realistic:

4 Likes

has anything in this release changed how angles are handled in the curve animation editor? entering numbers greater than 180 automatically clamps them to be between -180 and 180 which makes it unusable