Release Notes for 634

Because “properly” is a bit subjective here: If you weld two parts which aren’t already at the correct offset given the C0 / C1 something has to jump somewhere to satisfy the joint but there are multiple ways this could be done (keep part A in place, keep part B in place, keep centroid in place etc).

If you want to be sure of what will happen you can always position the parts where you expect them to end up before creating the joint.

1 Like

I assign the CFrames by just inversing both parts CFrames. It’s a method I use pre-running time where I just position Part1 where I want to be then use a script in command bar.

local weld = Instance.new("Motor6D")
weld.Part0 = part0
weld.Part1 = part1
weld.C0 = part0.CFrame:Inverse()
weld.C1 = part1.CFrame:Inverse()
weld.Parent = part1

Though a warning about that in docs could be appreciated since it’ll confuse a lot of players.
(Mainly about Massless being required for large parts or it’ll get teleported to its origin.)

PLEASE tell me roblox is gonna add some kind of customization for this
I seriously dont want another case of a really good feature being locked behind roblox’s control because it’s a little harder to make a custom panel for this than just giving us presets

1 Like

This could be the reason we got higher resolution images since we would need a 4096*4096(4k) image for a full 8 bit RGB LUT.

1 Like

Should go live within the next month!

oooh you’re right
I didnt think of that - if you couldn’t tell already I’m not very versed with LUT lmao
would it be feasible to create some kind of panel for creating luts or would that be way too advanced for roblox? Maybe we could assign color ranges to separate positions on the spectrum, or a curve-based approach

That could be done or Roblox could just expect you to get a LUT another way if you really wanted you could open this: LUT generator.blend (1.0 MB) file that as it says is set up to produce LUTS. (Not tested LUTS may not work due to me incorrectly mapping a colour in the planes shader it should be easy enough to fix.)

1 Like

Is there a good idea of when ColorGrading will be fully released?