Release Notes for 634

FINALLLY BRO WE UPPPP

2 Likes

I can’t wait for the day I read a Release Note or announcement that mentions occlusion culling

3 Likes

Do you people get scared from stars and dots

6 Likes

This means that you can add/readjust the colors, shadow, and highlight effects (LUT’s) to achieve a specific style look or the mood of it. Just like using ColorCorrection but way more advanced!

some pictures example:

As for right now (not the final), we have only one option for the tonemapper preset, called ‘Retro.’ This means that the Technology Lighting Compatibility might going to be removed soon as far as I know, but it will keep the same color lighting style as part of the color grading.

(btw I’ve asked for this feature a while back!)

8 Likes

someone’s getting fired bro lmao

So glad to see this coming, I actually posted about it pretty recently.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but how were you able to preview the “ColorGradingEffect”? I’m unable to find it

1 Like

B-b-but…

I thought Roblox is powering imagination

:pleading_face: :point_right::point_left:

3 Likes

My game got MAJOR fps issues overnight. It went from having over 100 fps consistently, to a consisten 10 fps. This is absolutely insane. What more is that I get more fps playing on mobile and the microsoft version of Roblox. I suspect it has something to do with the anti-cheat. Please fix this ASAP this is MAJOR. All my testers are complaining about the fps spike and I’m supposed to release my game in a week. I’m so cooked bruh :skull:

2 Likes

Nah this guy is chill, if he’s fired I will be sad :cry:

I think you repeated something…

Is this intentional or a mistake?

EDIT: This also isn’t in any other release note

2 Likes

[quote=“DreamyDev, post:31, topic:3076149, username:TeamDreams123”]
something…

If I’m not mistaken, this happens when a change needs more adjustments. It can happen for virtually any change with a “Pending” status.

2 Likes

I really wish we could get some quantization/posterization shaders :frowning: would give an insane amount of room for stylized games!

2 Likes

You can’t find it in the object explorer, so you’ll have to use Instance.new("ColorGradingEffect")
Hopefully they will add more tonemapper presets in the future!

2 Likes

What did you parent it to to get it to work? It doesnt do anything as a child of Lighting.

I don’t think it’s behaviour would be enabled yet. It’s likely locked behind an FFlag.

3 Likes

“sigh” I was hoping when the last announcement mentioned improving mesh collision fidelity it meant the accuracy of precise collision.

3 Likes

the most average release note previews I do like how ✦ is also hidden on forums and roblox

Seems like this bug re-introduced a once fixed bug regarding Welds/Motor6Ds teleporting upon setting up.
I have dmed @tnavarts to look into it hopefully.

Well, I didn’t turn back on the original change which triggered it in the first place, it must be something different this time around.

Could you try it with this three-phase rollout turned on / off and see if it makes a difference? Improved Mover Constraints: Enhancing Stability and Network Ownership

1 Like

I tried setting it to Massless and it fixed it, why do large parts need to be massless in order for them to be weld properly? It’s kind off a nuisance and isn’t documented properly.