Release Notes for 637

i’m not too familiar with terrain so i’m just wondering do shorelines affect physics at all? specifically do they change the geometry of terrain and affect collision like the move from old voxel terrain to smooth terrain

It still breaks for me sometimes when I paste images/screenshots from roblox it appears blank in external apps

AMAZING!!!

AMAZING!!!

I’m guessing that this is for queries that use the part’s actual geometry instead of a specified Vector3 as the size of the query, such as WorldRoot:GetPartsInPart.

You could still just expand your part being used, or just use an expanded clone if you needed the original part to remain unaltered, for whatever reason. It really wouldn’t take a lot of effort to do. I understand that it can still be a handy feature to have, but Shapecasts are what really need a tolerance feature, not OverlapParams to be used in spatial queries.

That is, I want to ask, can you update Roblox’s audit or change the labor force, because he is too bad, and now many people can speak Chinese, which leads to the account being blocked. They didn’t open technology or curse. Please help us. Please. Thank you.

There will be a documentation update, but nothing aside from these release notes.

They are added for convenience so that developers don’t have to create their own mapping tables or use workarounds like passing values through instance properties Enum native iterator - #8 by shadowflame63
Custom mapping tables are still the fastest way, but it’s faster than going through properties.

Array lookup for numbers, hash map lookup for names.

4 Likes

out of curiosity will these functions throw errors on a missing enum or will it return nil? i’m wondering since i’ve been thinking of implementing it as part of a buffer serialisation thing

These functions will return nil is a matching enumeration is not found.

1 Like