Release Notes for 639

Greetings Creators!
Release 639 has landed! I’m drawing a blank on anything clever to tie to AD 639, June 1939, or otherwise, so I’ll leave it at this: :smile:

IgnisRBX

49 Likes

HUGEEEE

25 Likes

We’ll meet again. Don’t know how, don’t know when.

But I know we’ll meet again, some sunny day!

23 Likes

We use this pretty heavily for our platformer character controller, nice to see perf improvements there!

8 Likes

… did anybody really want this besides Roblox? Please let us opt out of telemetry this is extremely invasive

4 Likes

Waiting for them to make it where Humanoid:GetPlayingAnimationTracks and Animator:GetPlayingAnimationTracks returns {AnimationTrack}

2 Likes

Finally! Now I can remove the pcalling in a loop with SetCore.

5 Likes

Waiting for antialiasing:

(I kid. This is fantastic. Time to bin my custom implementation!)

7 Likes

Yoooo I’ve been waiting for this! Huge!

6 Likes

What does it mean by “reflection”?

6 Likes

This change is absolutely revolutionary, I’m sure me giving more data to Roblox will change the platform for the better! Please take all my data Roblox!

(ps dont look at the disassembled Toolbox builtin, almost every action sends a telemetry event)

3 Likes

I mean surely giving our display sizes it will help them find all the performance issues studio has all these years and optimize it!

But in all seriousness, if you’re a developer on this platform and devexing you’re pretty much already required to give as much info as you can.

2 Likes

macOS Sonoma client version 639 still broken Camera Sensitivity UI in settings.

3 Likes

Adds anti-aliasing support for Path2D.

and everyone cheered

3 Likes

Is there any reason these are being added?

Most specifically, “remote desktop”, why?

Also, 4th time now?

2 Likes

This isn’t super specific to this particular update, but why do previous changes from previous logs show up, and why are so many marked as “Pending”?

There’s usually only 1-2 actual live changes, and I don’t think these are actually “release notes”. Hoping someone will correct me on this though :sob:

Been trying to understand this for the longest time when reading change logs and I couldn’t ever figure out why it’s done this way.

4 Likes

because it helps devs know what changed and has a record of it, it is very useful

it’s great that they are transparent about it

and it’s probably not useful for you if you don’t understand it

also pending means it’s done but not released to public (probably), it’s not serious

2 Likes

The display size are probably so the Studio team can prepare for things like responsive design to see how many users use things like small size displays like on laptops.

2 Likes

That does not make this a good change and I encourage everybody to use an app like AdGuard or Pi-hole to prevent collection of this

2 Likes

Are you sure this time?

3 Likes