Release Notes for 639

Just explaining why they’re collecting that type of information. Also, Studio has had error telemetry for the longest time so them collecting telemetry isn’t exactly new.

1 Like

Hand tracking when?

2 Likes

Yeah I know and I’ve been against it for the longest time bc I still find it incredibly invasive bc they don’t really need to know everything about how we interact with Studio on what device. If I wanted to contribute (like steam’s hardware survey) I’d turn it on but there’s no option here

3 Likes

我爱 roblox 请收集更多我的信息 telemetry 更新 739 将为所有开发者带来繁荣

2 Likes

Luau ← → Engine communication. Something is “reflected” when it’s available to Scripts.

1 Like

No hope for you.

1 Like

Oh okay, thank you. So basically those methods have been optimized a bit.

1 Like

To add a bit more flavor: Doing a call like GetPartBoundsInBox has three main steps:

1. Get the message from your Lua code to C++ telling it what the Lua code wants done
  2. Actually spin in a tight loop querying the engine’s internal data structures for the parts.
  3. Convert the results back into a form that Lua can read them in (Lua table of Instance references).

The reflection is steps 1 and 3, where you “reflect” a C++ data structure to an equivalent Lua one or vice versa.

6 Likes

why is there two : in function calls in release notes of 640
(you have to go to this release then manually type 640)