Remembering Nimblz

Sad to hear, all the love to his family.

10 Likes

Nimblz was an amazing developer, creative, motivated and had a lot of drive.

Although I did not have the chance to converse with them too much, the time I do recall chatting with them on discord was one of the rather interesting ones, as they came to me asking if I knew how to do something (and unfortunately I did not), we tried to find a solution to the problem together. They were definitely one of the most talented developers at what they did.

I am really heartbroken to see them go, and my thoughts and prayers are with their family and friends.

Rest easy Nimblz.

18 Likes

Rest in peace, Nimblz. I never knew them personally, but weā€™ll miss you greatly regardless, your games were so creative and wonderful to play. Thank you for the impact you made on this community, may you rest in peace.

15 Likes

Goodbye. Nimblz. We shall remember you always!

10 Likes

He will be missed in the ROBLOX Community. Eg was such a wonderful game on ROBLOX.

11 Likes

Rest in peace Nimblz, While I never knew them personally, I remember playing eg! during the egg hunt and loving how unique and different it was. They will be missed by everyone in the developer community. :heart:

8 Likes

Eg was a really good game and thatā€™s were I got my first 2020 egg hunt egg, I will always cherish them and in memory of them I will give some of my games profits to hospitals and medics and these times are hard and I will always be inspired by his creativity and fun games.

8 Likes

I wasnā€™t very close with Nimblz. My only interactions with them were during their Accelerator internship in last fall. Every time I would attend an accelerator playtest, I would make sure to stop by and see Nimblzā€™s progress on Outyards. I was impressed by their passion for the game and drive to tune the player experience to be as fun as it could be. Every time I tested their game, they sat next to me and watched me fumble through things, break things, and wrote down every comment that I made about the game to see what could be improved. I think thatā€™s a testament to the person that they were - someone who was unfailingly considerate and cared deeply about the impact they had on others.

Thank you for the short time we had together, Nimblz. You were, and always will be, one of the kindest people Iā€™ve ever met.

111 Likes

That guy was a legend, he made tons of great games in the past for us to play and enjoy. Weā€™ll never forget him.

6 Likes

Random side note: Nimblz uses they/them and not he/him. Itā€™s suggested you correctly use them. (See their Twitter)

44 Likes

Fly high Nimblz, you will be missed. :heart:

10 Likes

During the fall accelerator last year, Nimblz and I did everything together. Nim and James were always the first ones to jump at the little adventures that came are way while we were in the bay. I remember when weā€™d just sit out on the balcony and just stare at the clouds and talk aboutā€¦ everything. But more than anything, they inspired me. They took the time the sit me down and explain the concepts I didnā€™t quite understand. They helped me capture the creative confidence that keeps me creating today. And Iā€™ll always be grateful for that. I wanted to meet up with them again so badly, to get our little roommate posse back together. But now all we can really do is live in their honor. And I plan to do just that. RIP Nimblz. See you on the flip side bud <3

33 Likes

Iā€™ll miss you Austin, he was a great friend to meā€¦ I remember back in 2009, when I first told him about this game, canā€™t beleive hes goneā€¦ Prayters to his family

3 Likes

Thats sad. Especially at a young age. :cry:

Rest in peace.

5 Likes

Wow rest in peace. He died at such a young age. :pensive: :heart:

4 Likes

Life is short, Iā€™m glad he got too meet lots of people around the world. I never met him in-game or ever talked too him but you still feel the pain inside your heart when you loose someone apart of your developer family. This is tragic, I regret never getting too talk too him personally. Rest in peace bro.

~Pr_amise :confounded: ā€œDeath is the last chapter, but the first chapter is eternityā€ Love you dude. Rest in peace man.

13 Likes

R.I.P Nimblz, ā€œeg!ā€ and ā€œsno dayā€ are some of the best games on roblox, and he was the person I got the developer egg from in the egg hunt 2020, I am so upset to hear this news. :sad:

2 Likes

My heart goes out to his family and friends.

He was so young, may he rest in peace.

2 Likes

The past week has been one of the roughest in my life so far coping with this, theyā€™ve been one of my best friends for the past few years and always brought me up when I was down. Iā€™m very fortunate that I got to spend all the time working with them, playing games with them, and having their support through whatever I went through. Iā€™ll never forget the late nights we spent playing games, talking openly about whatever was on our minds, and most of all, encouraging me to be the best person I could be.

Nimblzā€™ dedication to making spaces that are welcoming is like no other that Iā€™ve seen on the platform, and has already had a large impact on the community, and I hope that it continues. A slightly older version of their game eg is open source, if youā€™re interested in making any sort of tributes to them.

Rest in peace, friend.

66 Likes

I canā€™t believe this would happen to such a wondrous developer. Never knew them personally but I loved their work, especially Eg!. Rest easy Nimblz.

14 Likes