Remote Limits - Per remote or overall? Where'd the limit even come from?

A few points about remoteevent and remotefunction limits.

Where do any of these figures come from?

I’ve seen many posts that claim the limit for remotes is 50kbps or 20remotes/second. Where did these numbers come from? Many pages cite the documentation, but I can’t find either of these figures on any official page. Some go to pages that no longer exist, but as they have been removed I am skeptical as to whether or not those limits still exist or have changed.

Do the limits apply per-remote or per-server?

For the sake of argument, lets say that remote limits are definitely 20 per second. Is that limit imposed per-remote or per-server? It seems bizzare to think that Roblox would permit more bandwidth usage simply for creating more objects, and yet that is what almost every post claims. Any game that wishes to send more than 20 remotes a second at any time would have to create more remote objects.

What seems more reasonable to me is that there is a per-server limit on how many times any remotes can be sent, but only a few posts echo this assumption.

I would really appreciate some clarification on these points, so I can decide what sort of remote system to use within my projects. Thank you for taking the time to read this :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think one remote event have their own limit individually

I found this thingy

Ew, I would not use my advice, it’s horrible and I look so confident in being incorrect. Since writing this post I’ve been met with conflicting information about the difference between a single remote and not; I personally have taken to using multiple remotes irrespective of the tradeoffs I may or may not encounter from it. Separate remotes doesn’t necessarily equal spaghetti code or bad organisation.

2 Likes

Wow, you’re the same person from the quote

1 Like