Removal of Experimental Mode

I really love this game, I use to play it a lot and I still play it from time to time.
Wolf, I’m not sure if you’d be up to letting people do this but maybe you could get a team together and try to have them help recode your game?

1 Like

I’ve been considering that but I don’t really know any devs or programmers, let alone have any thing to pay them with.

5 Likes

Very great choice! Glad to see we’re moving in the right direction. :grin:

Well that’s cool

gj

Honestly love you so much for creating that and making it public, I love those tools so much lol.

i’m sure that some people would be willing to volunteer.

Been waiting a while for this update, honestly glad its here.

Experimental mode was pretty much obsolete, happy Roblox is permanently moving away from it.

Good to see that exploiters are gone for good now.

However, this is not the best way to do it. Non-FE games should be kept non-FE, but they would be single-player, with an option to be joined by your friends. Then, we would keep the multiplayer aspect without a risk of meeting any exploiters, and the games would still be actually playable.

Getting rid of experimental mode is indeed inevitable, but if Roblox did what I said, the majority of non-FE games wouldn’t be broken now.

7 Likes

Thank you!! I knew you guys can pull this off. :star_struck:

So we can safely assume the ton of gear that malfunctions with filtering enabled will now be updated swiftly? It would seem somewhat unfair to have the millions of Robux spent on gear go to waste on items that don’t work as advertised.

17 Likes

Thanks for that.

This is definitely going to proceed nicely from now on, but the learning process still remains as complicated and clustered as it has been.

The language spoken in the developer hub is still complicated for beginners (and experienced developers who learnt how to code in experimental mode) and they are just going to be even more confused now that their games don’t work.

Providing an adaptation guide or an official publication in the blog or on Twitter, for example, would smooth out this transition period. I would personally not want to wake up to my EM game not working all of a sudden while not knowing how to fix it.

7 Likes

oh thank christ you guys are sensible

2 Likes

The following game is no longer under review. Please let us know if you know about any other games impacted by that issue.

3 Likes

Except Crossroads, all of the games under the Roblox and builderman accounts are private, presumably for similar reasons.

6 Likes

You’re welcome :slight_smile:!

2 Likes

Really good change, thank you! :smiley:

THANK YOU!! Large issue solved, awesome job everyone involved.

1 Like

Scraped my knee biking earlier… came home to see this. Pretty sure the wound healed itself after reading this.

4 Likes

Why is my game still stuck in experimental mode.

Please HELP. It’s been days.