Remove Public Model Purchase Cooldown

This is related to the API for taking a Model from Public Domain.

For context, I have a map testing environment for Flood Escape 2 where players can submit their own map as a public model and have the ID added to a limited queue for ‘whitelisting’, which consists of me running through the list within the roblox game and spamming ‘take’, ‘take’, ‘take’, until the list has been cleared for more people to build and upload their maps.

This is the only feasible way to perform this functionality without letting out FE2’s game code, while enabling a game purely relying on UGC to thrive, as no other models can be loaded into the game unless I own them. Even if the player who owns the model is currently in the same server.

Recently, roblox changed the way taking models are handled. Now there is a hard limit of 5 models being taken, and any more within such a short time will result in being unable to take the model until the cooldown wears off. I haven’t recorded the length of the cooldown, but I already know that it’s going to transform what was from a 10 minute job to me, to many hours. I physically cannot keep up with user demand at this point because of this restriction.

This is the only way I can let UGC into my game without leaking my own IP content and removing all chances of monetizing the game and sustaining myself from it. This is part of my job.

I urge whoever is responsible to please look into this and revise the pros and cons of having this change made.

45 Likes

Maybe you could make a autotaker, where it takes it automaticly?
or you could just, sadly, make the list down to 5 at a time. :confused:

I assume they made the Cooldown because users like [redacted] bought assets with a bot, but I really don’t see any reason for the cooldown, it doesn’t do anything at all and is just on the way of projects like this.

Ahh okay.

My potential solution for the future if this thread gets left unchecked is just to set up a Raspberry Pi Zero W and let a bot take in submissions from requests within the map test game itself. It would still be subject to the 5 model cooldown but with its automation it can be programmed to wait for the cooldown to wear off, should still be quicker than manually processing all the maps.

I guess the question with this context in mind is, how long is the cooldown period for purchasing models so the bot can be as efficient as possible without any potential interruptions or repeat cooldowns?

4 Likes

Hey. I found your issue sometime ago, and I do think it should get looked into, as I cannot get anything whitelisted in your game at this point.

I filed a feature request asking for adjustable security options for InsertService earlier partly in the hopes that that could remove one of the reasons you have to spam “Take” on purchase request dialog boxes to get maps to load.