Remove Recommended from Home Page

1. Its recommending me a scam game.
  2. 4/6 are tycoons involving food.
  3. 2/6 involve pizza.

Recommended should be removed until it actually recommends games that are relevant to the user.

Proposed solutions:

1. Make recommended choose random games from either Top Earning, Top Rated or Featured.
  2. Remove it all together.
  3. Base it off of games the user has favorited or liked in the past.
34 Likes

There isnā€™t even an option to say ā€œNo, Iā€™m not interested in this gameā€ unlike similar platforms like YouTube (which has been giving me better recommendations over the years). If this is an actual machine learning algorithm, thereā€™s no way for us to train it to be more accurate.

I am not interested in a single one of these games.

8 Likes

Itā€™s like the suggested items at the bottom of an item page, thereā€™s 0 need for it.

1 Like

I have a feeling this intended for new users, although the implementation is terrible. I think it should be removed.

4 Likes

It seems to recommend the same games for nearly every user. Iā€™ve asked a few of my friends and most of us have most, if not all, these games in our Recommended Games.

7 Likes

Still is still an issueā€¦

1. Like come on now, how are these not filtered through some sort of system by now, its literally at 5% likes. At least only allow games with a decent rating to show up so that scam games donā€™t appear. Donā€™t know how they are here in the first place.

2. Same thing with #1 except this game is justā€¦ why is this here at 46% likes.

3. Its basically all simulatorsā€¦ this (Changes to the Popular Sort) should be implemented to the Recommend sort as well.

2 Likes

Often see deleted games in the Recommended section. Wonder what the sort is based onā€¦?

3 Likes

Somehow my games end up on there all the time, I have no idea why.

I do think having a ā€˜recommendedā€™ section is good though, because ideally it would display games that are similar to what the user has already played and liked, therefore being relevant games for the user. (I understand that maybe itā€™s not doing that properly at the moment)

1 Like