Remove "Show unavailable items" From Library

This shouldn’t take much time to do at all.

The gist, remove this from the library page

This doesn’t do anything at all other than allow people to view anyone’s inventory, even groups. Asset theft is prevalent on this site and even though this isn’t a perfect solution, it will stop the people who don’t download risky exploits to take assets from the games directly.

To follow up with this, hiding inventory from profiles would need this for it work properly in hiding assets. (Hide inventory on profile)

Why it should happen:

1. Helps prevent asset theft
  2. Hides secret updates to games that developers want hidden from their community
  3. Protects new developers from having their content easily stolen
6 Likes

What stops them from just going to the user’s inventory directly? They can see all assets the user owns from there, available or not.

See link in post. (Forgot to put it in, its edited in now).

…I really think we ought to begin with being allowed to hide our inventories on the website, considering that people being able to go to our profiles and see our assets on display like shop windows is a much more prevalent issue. Which is to say, I’m not sure why you don’t support this idea first.

EDIT: you replied to my thread regarding being able to search up a user’s assets via the Library, have since deleted the reply, and at no point up to now have shown any measurable support towards my suggestion even though it already covers yours’.

This was already addressed in the OP

This goes hand in hand with the post linked, they are the same issue.

This doesn’t do anything at all other than allow people to view anyone’s inventory

What stops them from just going to the user’s inventory directly? They can see all assets the user owns from there, available or not.

Note for Roblox if they were to remove it:

Please remove it from the Library only, as the title says, not Catalog :wink:

3 Likes

To those not on the forums who keep asking me why this happened, please read the post. Nothing about this has to do with bots and finding unavailable items shouldn’t be your main way of finding assets in the first place. They are private for a reason (soundId stealers I’m looking at you).

Personally, I would have preferred if Roblox just removed the ability to reverse-search assets with the creator’s name so that general assets would still be available (a lot of the good ones aren’t free to take). But that’s up to Roblox’s choice to change in the future, I’m satisfied enough with the privacy upgrade.

A lot of clothing creators share the link to the catalog page which shows all their clothing. This is very helpful to them, and isn’t fair if it gets removed for no real reason whatsoever. Efforts are being made to hide your private assets, why remove the feature for people to see your assets which are for sale/free to take?

From a developer’s standpoint and as several other people have brought up, it is no longer possible to look for assets which are not free to take such as generic sounds and textures. Private assets are hidden at the cost that everything not explicitly marked as Free are now publicly unavailable. If it was changed so that we can’t just reverse-search a creator’s assets, we could still look for offsale assets for our games.

Clothing, on the other hand, is already easily accessible through a group’s Store tab, although I believe it lacks a search function.

1 Like

You shouldn’t be using assets that aren’t marked as free anyway. They aren’t there for public use.

Not all clothing designers upload their clothing to groups.

This is intentional. If a user uploads something to Roblox, it should only be discoverable and useable by others if they mark it as such.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.