Reopen collaboration:portfolios until the talent hub is able to support full markdown

The talent hub is not currently capable of handling portfolios, for a magnitude of reasons:

These include:

• There is a 300 character limit on every experience (in comparison to the forum’s 5000)
  • You can only have 10 experiences
  • The experience field does not support markdown, which means images cannot be embedded which are crucial for certain portfolios
  • Using the markdown ![image](...) syntax for most images will flag up moderation

Please reopen #collaboration:portfolios until these issues are revised

12 Likes

I understand a vast majority of developers are unsatisfied with the Talent Hub, but it seems very unlikely at this point that Roblox will bring back #collaboration

Every single issue you mentioned has already been brought to the attention of staff members and engineers, so these issues will be fixed very soon.

Meanwhile, you can use #feature-requests:talent-hub-features to show support of features you would like to be introduced to the Talent Hub.

Although I agree that collaboration got locked a bit too early, staff are acknowledging these issues from developers like you to help keep the Talent Hub growing.

Also, I recommend checking out this topic that also has very similar concerns as yours.

1 Like

If you make any edit at all, your post has to be moderated. Has nothing to do with what markdown syntax you put in.

2 Likes

Hey!

Thanks for raising these problems.

There is a 300 character limit on every experience (in comparison to the forum’s 5000). You can only have 10 experiences.

That’s 3000 characters + bio’s 500 characters, but would love to know how long ideally you’d like the character limit and experience count to be?

The experience field does not support markdown, which means images cannot be embedded which are crucial for certain portfolios

I’ve just double-checked, and it does appear that markdown is enabled within experience fields. Could you try and replicate the bug where it’s not working and link me to the page?

Using the markdown ![image](...) syntax for most images will flag up moderation

As buildthomas says, every edit flags moderation. Are you experiencing something beyond this?

Thanks!

3 Likes

I’d like the character limit to be 1,000-5,000 at most. Portfolios using markdown can be pretty big. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree with @Crazedbrick1 on this, I think it should be 5000 characters or so. Also, as an animator, will it be possible to embed videos into our portfolios? Certain renders do not come out great in .GIF format, and thus rely on being displayed as a video rather than a gif.

2 Likes

Totally agreed that gifs are not ideal. Allowing richer embeds of a wider range of media (incl videos) is definitely on our roadmap, and something we view as quite a high priority.

4 Likes

I’d say to support 10k characters, probably more. I haven’t even tried editing my TH page in a month because I know it’s nearly impossible at this point. Also, if the filter isn’t gone already, please remove it.
Thanks for reading