Replacer v1.1.1: Roblox Text Shortcut Replacements Plugin

🎉 Introducing Replacer: 🎉

Welcome to Replacer, your new go-to plugin that’s designed to streamline and enhance your text replacement experience in Roblox!

To learn more about Replacer, how to use it, and other details, we’ve put together comprehensive information for you. Visit Replacer’s GitHub Page to get started!

🚀Download Replacer Here!🚀

⚡ Sneak Peek Into Replacer: ⚡

Take a quick look at Replacer in action! Here's what it can do:
Stay tuned for more updates coming soon!
10 Likes
local text = "something"
local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local serversize = #game.Players:GetPlayers()
print(`Hi {player.Name}, there is {serversize} players in the server, and the text is {text}.`)

So this module (and not a plugin) is pretty useless. It is better to just use string interpolation like this.

14 Likes

For anyone new reading this:

Please don’t bother wasting your time on commenting, least buying the plugin.

With that said, I’m going to say something and I’ll say it in the name of basically every DevForum member who’s ever commented on your topics, as well as those who are about to comment on this.

But first, Moderators. This is not harassment. This is feedback.

This has to stop. For once.

Tl;dr: everything has been said countless times anyway. for those who come here often no need to rererererereread my paragraph seven times.

Everyone including you and I share a passion for creating amazing content on Roblox and that’s why we’re here sharing amazing resources we’ve done. However, what you’ve been doing for the past year is simply to unacceptable. Unacceptable to a limit where we have to say “that’s it.”

I’m okay with you making things you like. Heck, that’s what we all do anyway. But you should really think about what you’re creating and if you really can create it before sharing it. Think about it! Roblox has lots of developers and plugins, modules and open source software really help them. There are good resources and bad resources. Unfortunately despite I’m trying not to be harsh, I have to say that your resources are on the useless side. I’m sorry to say this but it’s the truth.

When we post resources some people may think you can do better at something. That’s called “feedback”, we use and review your product, then tell you what to improve. Why are you ignoring everyone? You’ve posted dozens of resources, most of them could’ve well succeeded as actual tools someone would casually use if you just listened to us. Except, you didn’t do that.

• You post a resource.
  • We give you a point to improve on.
  • You reply with the same exact stuff.
  • Too much feedback that you take as hate.
  • Abandon the project.

Heck, if that’s going to be your path, you’ll never make it anywhere. I’m gonna give you myself as an example: I myself have ever posted only one resource in the entirety of DevForum and it actually turned out to be useful for two or three. People gave me feedback on the tutorial and I listened to them. Plus, it’s the only tutorial on a specific topic so that’s why certain people found it useful. See? I created a solution to an actual problem.

What I’m trying to say with all of this is that giving up on a path you just started walking on is like grabbing a rock and wait for a fossil to appear magically, then throw it away because it didn’t. I’m not mad, I’m disappointed that you don’t listen to anyone.

Another thing. You don’t speak English but translators exist, yet you still mess up on your explanations? You have a few grammar mistakes, most of us understand because I myself make stupid mistakes sometimes. But hey, we can always just learn! I didn’t learn English at school, it was all on the Internet. No Duolingo needed, it didn’t exist at the time anyway. Just watch videos, talk to people and you’ll eventually be able to speak English fluently. Learning a language isn’t that hard if you put yourself to it.

Speaking of learning languages, you should definitely work on your Luau skills. I personally am amazed on how FSA was hardcoded (because I genuinely doubt any advanced scripter can put 190 if statements in a single scope) but that was not amazed in a good way. Like, Replacer’s code isn’t the far most brilliant one either:

...TRUNCATED
	self["random_word"] = nil
	self["random"] = nil
	self["random_letters"] = nil
	self["random_numbers"] = nil
	self["game_creator_name"] = nil
	self["game_creator_id"] = nil
	self["plr_country"] = nil
	self["time_date"] = nil
	self["time_hour"] = nil
	self["time"] = nil
	self["server_max_plrs"] = nil
	self["plr_fps"] = nil
	self["plr_id"] = nil
	self["server_plrs"] = nil
	self["game_id"] = nil
	self["game_name"] = nil
	self["game"] = nil
	self["plrs"] = nil
	self["plr_name"] = nil
	self["plr"] = nil

… We can do better. Right?

This said, I am not an amazing programmer either, I barely have a year of experience with Luau but I can do stuff if I wanted to. It’s all about learning, trying and learning again. You should definitely work on formatting too. That snippet was painful to read.

In conclusion. If you want to make a resource, first find a problem then make the solution. Don’t make plugins for things that already exist. If you want to charge people for your plugins, at least make sure it’s a working plugin that you truly put effort on it. Like, actual effort. That’s why stuff like Datastore Editor costs a whopping 300 Robux (and the main reason I’m not buying it) and Interface Tools is 500. Just because your plugin is less than a buck doesn’t mean it’s “nothing”. You charge for effort. I see no effort enough put in Replacer for me to buy it when string interpolation or gsub are embedded into Luau for like no cost at all. There are even free resources that should even be paid but aren’t, like Vanilla 3, Moon Animator, Fusion, Verde, could name a million more.

29 Likes

Who needs this when roblox has formatting methods

local text = string.format("hi %s", workspace)
local text2 = `hi {workspace}`

print(string.format("Result 1: %s", text))
print(`Result 2: {text2}`)
6 Likes

So are you aware about our feedback? Would you then please take action then? This Plugin clearly can be improved than its current version, with so many Developers posting on what it can be improved, from the neatness of the code and so on.

2 Likes

it’s at the wrong category, paid resources belong in #resources:community-resources now

5 Likes

This is just a Replacer
all its do is “REPLACE” something.
and its “PLUGIN” that duplicate model
It’s just a shortcut

and @Vanniris Broke the rules of Roblox, Chatgpt:

Roblox’s Terms of Use emphasize respect for other people’s intellectual property. If a user has put their time, effort, and possibly even real money into developing a game, script, or other content on Roblox, it’s their intellectual property. Sharing, distributing, or otherwise using that content without their permission could be considered a violation of their rights, much like sharing a paid software or a copyrighted book.

That said, the exact rules can change over time, so it’s always a good idea to review the most recent version of Roblox’s policies. Make sure to adhere to them to ensure you’re acting in a fair, respectful, and legal manner.

As a general rule, it’s always best to respect the work of other developers and creators, whether on Roblox or elsewhere. They put significant effort into their work, and sharing it without permission or compensation can be both illegal and unethical. If you’re interested in a piece of code, consider reaching out to the creator directly. They might be willing to share, sell, or even teach you how they did it.

2 Likes

someone send me a message move it to creatoins feedback…

@Crazedbrick1…

4 Likes

that person didn’t recheck the about the community resources topic

also that person you mentioned was the first one to find out about the rule change of #resources:community-resources

5 Likes

he/she did that to show that you are making worthless plugins and modules

7 Likes

(chatgpt)

I understand that you might have opinions about my work, and I respect your right to share them. However, it’s not appropriate or ethical to share my code without my permission. If you believe there’s a problem with my plugins or modules, I’d appreciate if you could share your feedback directly with me, rather than distributing my work without consent. Let’s maintain a respectful and constructive environment for everyone in the Roblox community.

3 Likes

I just assumed that it would belong in #help-and-feedback:creations-feedback because everyone is calling the resource insignificant.

6 Likes

everyone is saying that it’s insignificant because what the resource does already exists in roblox

though ok :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

what is does is not already exists in roblox there is something similar, but this thing shortens the way

2 Likes

lmao string interpolation already shortens the way

2 Likes

You are generating answers from ChatGPT, you cannot even defend yourself properly.
After all that feedback you are refusing to accept, we have nothing more to give to you.

You can continue releasing useless and poorly made creations on the forum but if you continue like this, every single one of them is going to get criticized and this loop will continue.

7 Likes

It really doesn’t do the same thing, it does the same thing in a different way and for different things

Your methods only make things harder for developers. A simple string.format() function can do much, much more than your plugin.

3 Likes

It does not shorten anything. As I said before, string interpolation does this but better, and it’s official. Using this module instead would actually be an inconvience and I would get stressed out. Sorry!

You don’t understand, we do.

3 Likes

im generating answers from ChatGPT for them to understand better because until now they don’t understand