Add support for up/down arrows to textboxes

As a developer, it is difficult to navigate between lines in a multiline textbox. Right now users can navigate left/right to go from character to character and between lines, but cannot go up/down between lines. In addition, up/down arrow key support cannot be easily added in Lua because when a TextBox is selected, it sinks all user input before it reaches Lua, making it impossible to detect the up/down arrow keys.

I ran into this problem while trying to make a multi-line text editor widget in Studio. I’m going to have to ditch TextBoxes altogether and write my own text area using TextLabels, the UserInputService, and the PluginMouse. I’ve submitted a couple bug reports related to this project found here:

25 Likes

Support, although this should only be possible if the MultiLine property is true. Otherwise, up/down arrows shouldn’t be an option.

1 Like

This is still an big issue. MultiLine TextBoxes feel half baked without the ability to navigate up/down.

13 Likes

This was added! We can mark this as solved now. Thank you to the team behind this feature addition!

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.